4.0 out of 5 stars Hope for other people experiencing BPD

3.0 out of 5 stars Helped me during my suffering with BPD
Published 23 months ago by Amanda Green

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Hope for other people experiencing BPD, 12 Sep 2011
This review is from: Buddha & The Borderline: My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Buddhism, & Online Dating (Paperback)
It is really refreshing to read an honest account of the impact of Borderline Personality Disorder and the journey through Dialectical Behavioural Therapy. As Keira says so often people, who have got to a stage where BPD is not a major life problem, hide their experiences to avoid stigma. So this is a real inspiration to me as I am at a point in my recovery where I need reassurance that remission is possible. The Buddha and the Borderline: My Recovery from Borderline Personality Disorder Through Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Buddhism, and Online Dating

5.0 out of 5 stars First book review ever....but need to leave behind a huge THANK you, 10 Mar 2013
I was welling up whilst reading this book, not only because reading about Kiera's experience make me relive some of my own, which I d rather like to see buried and forgotten - but because for once in my life, I feel like someone truly understands. Understands the daily struggles, the pain and the sheer impossibility of finding good, qualified help. Thank you, Kiera for your candour and for taking the time to write about your journey. Knowing that you are out there, having experienced the pain and having come out stronger the other way, makes the uphill struggle feel like I have at least the right kind of boots in my backpack. Thank you!

3.0 out of 5 stars Helped me during my suffering with BPD, 4 Jan 2013
I read this book in late 2010 The Buddha and the borderline - this is a 5 year piece of time, where she remembers the past to portray her problems, but it is mainly in the present. She uses humour occasionally and she shows her two main relationships together with a never ending list of therapies, including counselling with her mother, AA therapy, internal family systems, dialectical therapy and buddism. It is very focussed on BPD yet with a good story and a realistic ending. I very much enjoyed it, but do not feel she was recovered by the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars sad but true, 2 Aug 2012
I bought this book when I was diagnosed with BPD after two years of hell where the NHS couldn't care less. It was so wonderful to have someone to totally identify with. The things you are too scared to say out loud and your worst nightmares are all here in a calm and friendly way so you realise you are not alone and that there is an end to this hell.
Would recommend to anyone who is going through this. It will give you strength.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 3 Oct 2013
No L Coward (flintshire, England) - See all my reviews
I am diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and have read quite a few books. This is by far the very best read. It is poignant and dryly funny in places. It is very deep and very written. It was such a page turner I did not want it to end. Every word she says, I can feel deeply. You must read this if you suffer....you will feel like you are not alone..FANTASTIC READ

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it., 10 July 2013
I have to say i was impressed with this book and found it to be a very nice change to the rest of the literature out there on borderline personality disorder. You can connect with the writer on a very personal level and therefore it becomes easier to see ways to use some of her recovery methods in your own life. It'd definitely recommend it to anyone who suffers with BPD.

4.0 out of 5 stars makes you feel you can really change and how to make those first steps, 6 Nov 2013
Good for recovery and from a bpd perspective. Would recommend... plenty of resources and information on research. You can really relate to kiera

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay.., 31 Oct 2013
Rather disappointed to be honest....I kind of expected something more and struggled to maintain any interest to finish it. I have given it away with the words "great title and cover but it's all downhill from there"

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and informative, 11 Oct 2013
A brave author who puts herself on the line. It is so honest and is not only a good read but also a wonderful help to others whose emotions tend to rule their life Kate

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 10 Oct 2013
Fantastic read for a BPD sufferer .. really could relate to Keira. I would recommend this book to anyone who has BPD or any one close to a BPD sufferer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›