5.0 out of 5 stars A must read
This book was recommended to me from another would be slim person inside a fatties body, & I shall always be grateful to her.
Published 18 months ago by Lillibet

2.0 out of 5 stars Another money spinner
This book didn't offer me anything that I hadn't already read a thousand times before in magazine articles. I wonder if anybody had tried to put these strategies into practice before the book was published.
Published 7 months ago by J. Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food (Paperback)
Another book from this fabulous author, that identifies all the reasons I'm fat and mostly staying fat! However, with her help in this book I'm already reviewing my approach to how I look at my relationship with food. Maybe a slimmer person will start to emerge......... I believe this book has aided my chances!

5.0 out of 5 stars a source of inspiration, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food (Paperback)
Excellent source of inspiration. It makes me think about so many things and become more aware of my behaviour as far as food is concerned, but not only.
I read / re-read a few lines quite regularly. I wish I had known it before and I recommend it to all the ones who want to improve the quality of their life.

2.0 out of 5 stars Another money spinner, 28 Jan 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars A few ideas but no easy fix, 29 Jun 2013
This review is from: 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food (Paperback)
As a sufferer of eating disorders particularly Binge Eating Disorder for a very long time i was hopeful after reading reviews that this book might have something to it that others have not and what I have found is this -
-This book helped me to feel understood, that I am not alone and that I am able to reflect on the habits created with this disorder and why.
-That it will take all of me to break these habits and finding distractions will only go so far right now.
- There are many way to find other things to do but eat but the only thing that will break the cycle is will power, determination and hope and knowing that a every day ends another new chance will come to try a little more.

This book is not the answer but it can give so many ideas on things to do rather than eat, it gives understanding and acceptance and I know that many will read and keep it out of the way until they are really ready to try harder but its a book I know I shall keep in my recovery box to help bring to life better ways of coping but only when I feel that I have enough strength to try.

Good luck to all who need this, its well worth a try but its not a magic wand. x

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing new - a bit of a disappointment, 14 Oct 2010
This review is from: 50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food (Paperback)
I bought this book to find some hints on avoiding eating when not hungry....sadly its a little thin on content and what there is is nothing I've not seen before.

50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food
50 Ways to Soothe Yourself Without Food by Susan Albers (Paperback - 1 Sep 2009)