5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I've tried out three DBT self-help books, and this one is by far the best. It's well laid out, easy to understand and very user-friendly. It teaches you mindfulness techniques as well as skills for getting through a crisis, improving mood, and getting your needs met in relationships. I've found these particularly useful for coping with stress.

One of the things...
Published on 28 Feb. 2008 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as informative as i would have liked
There was very little I had not read before in this book, disappointing, would not recommend purchasing this item. thanks
Published 14 months ago by susan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 28 Feb. 2008
Amazon Customer (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook for Bipolar Disorder: Practical DBT Exercises for Learning Mindfulness, Interpersonal Effectiveness, ... Tolerance (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook) (Paperback)

One of the things I like about this book is it doesn't make any assumptions about the reader, or target a particular mental health problem. DBT was originally developed to treat borderline personality disorder, but this book is equally suitable for people who want to learn DBT skills to tackle other issues.

The other DBT books I've read were Don't Let Your Emotions Run Your Life by Scott Spradlin and Depressed and Anxious by Thomas Marra. The former is very much aimed at people with BPD, and I couldn't relate to a lot of it. It also goes into a lot of detail on some aspects of DBT, but is sketchy about others. Depressed & Anxious was a very difficult book to understand, and I gave up after one and a half chapters.

So if you're interested in DBT, whatever your diagnosis, in my opinion The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook is the one to try!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!!!, 27 Nov. 2008
I am diagnosed with BPD and have read LOADS of material and self-help books. This book and "Don't Let Your Emotions Run Your Life" by Scott E. Spradlin are the best workbooks I've come across. They are down to earth, easy to understand and practical. I highly recommend this book to anyone interested in DBT.

5.0 out of 5 stars My thoughts on this book, 1 Aug. 2009
Ms. E. J. Yapp "Emma Jane" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Personally I think this book is incredible. It provides you with a full insight into why different behaviours occur, what can be done to help reduce aspects of our behaviour that aren't healthy and not only does it provide alot of detail but the book allows interaction with you, when you are given activities to complete. I had a tough time understanding why I was feeling the emotions and really putting myself down, displaying negative behaviours. I was recommended this book and I struggle to place the book down now. I have learnt alot how to percieve my thoughts in a different and more healthy light. I do really recommend that if you are struggling to deal with any sort or emotion or behaviour, your purchase this book. It is definitly value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars DBT and Depression, 20 Sept. 2011
What a beautiful book. Easy to read. Easy to work through. Full of common sense. But most importantly used by the Mental Health Departments of the NHS as their "bible". I have PTSD (post traumatic stress syndrome) and purchased this book, went on the NHS course and have now taken back control of my life. Obviously the book alone did not do that but it was an amazing tool, without which I would not have been so confident in tackling my problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical skills for coping when your day goes downhill & tips to aid the uphill struggle, 13 Nov. 2013
DBT kind of re-wires your thought processes & this workbook provides simple examples of how to cope when life seems oh so cruel. Coping & preventative strategies are clearly defined. Small things in everyday living become more noticeable & with a small shift in thinking patterns problems become more manageable.

5.0 out of 5 stars DBT, 23 July 2009
This is a useful resource and takes you step by step through the 'how to' of DBT. Not full of jargon, just plain english and easy to follow throughout

5.0 out of 5 stars Great insight., 18 Mar. 2013
I found this book very informative and beneficial to my studies. I found this book very easy to read and understand from the persons point of view as to what's happening with them. I would recomment this book to anybody that would like to understand and apply DBT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought two already! recommend to anyone, 11 Oct. 2010
Fantastic book, i bought this for myself then borrowed it to a friend then never got it back as she found it so useful. I then bought another one only to borrow it out again to a friend who is now training in CBT. she finds this book really useful. I've now got the DBT workbook for bulimia and use it daily.

FANTASTIC!! Highly recommend to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic support on all aspects of DBT, 10 April 2010
Robert P. Flint (Southampton) - See all my reviews
I have a diagnosis of BPD and went through DPT training which was life changing for me. It had given me the tools I need to survive. However, as time went on I was struggling to implement the skills I had learnt. Then I found this book during a desperate atempt to get back on track. This book covers everything I had learnt and more, but in a very simple format. It is a book you can dib in and out of as required or read through from front to back. I have read several books on DBT and this is by far the best one by a long shot. It is not only for people with BPD, but a useful tool for anyone who struggles with overwhelming emotions that make life hard work.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good workbook., 15 May 2013
Good workbook for anyone having a tough time coping with life. I say four instead of five stars because it's American so there's a fair bit of stuff you have to just ignore and replace with your own ideas.