on 11 June 2009
Eckhart Tolle has really succeeded in conveying to children the most important clues for a good attitude towards life which puts the "here and now" as the focus of a child's attention. With this easy-to-understand story of the little boy Milton he makes the insubstantiality of past and future clear to children und makes them realize that these only exist in their heads.

With the aid of the beautifully crafted and expressive artwork children are also visually drawn into the fascination of Milton's story. The story is explained in an empathetic and insightful way which is very suitable for kids showing that their fears - like Milton's fears - are generated by the fact that we are staring through the spectacles of negative experiences from the past at a future that we fear might hold similar negative if not worse experiences for us. As I could see from the reaction of my other half's ten year old nephew, after he had read the book, it becomes clear to a child very quickly that there are no problems in the present moment, i.e. if one puts one's attention on the NOW and what is happening right at this moment there is no problem and the fear disappears.

This book is a must for every parent who has realised that our problems stem from the fact that we judge every event on the basis of our past experiences and tend to expect further problems or solutions for our problems in the future and who wants to show their children the key for living a life free of fear in the liberation of the present moment. Of course, if a parent doesn't know this they can always read Eckhart Tolle's main bestselling book for adults "The Power of Now".
on 11 June 2010
Milton's Secret introduces children to the concept of 'the Power of Now'; a gift we would all do well to learn. Beautiful pictures accompany a delightful story in which Milton, a sunny, loving little boy experiences the terror of bullying. With the aid of his cat and his Grandfather, he learns to deal with the fear by dwelling neither in the past nor the future, but by being in the present. Milton in turn returns the favour and introduces his Grandfather to the inner strength and vitality that lies within each one of us.

A magical book to bring strength and joy.
on 27 March 2015
Beautiful book, written in simple language. However being a teacher of young children I think the illustrations are a bit dull, they need to be colourful and vibrant to attract more children.
on 6 August 2015
A little boy is terrified by events at school, but learns what he can do to prevent it next time.

The benefits of living in the Now and the problem of thinking too much are learnt through the examples of characters such as an ice-cream lady and even his pet cat.

If you believe that children should know how to experience inner secuirty when facing life’s challenging events, then this book is a good way to find out how.
on 10 June 2009

With the aid of the beautifully crafted and expressive artwork children are also visually drawn into the fascination of Milton's story. The story is explained in an empathetic and insightful way which is very suitable for kids showing that their fears - like Milton's fears - are generated by the fact that we are staring through the spectacles of negative experiences from the past at a future that we fear might hold similar negative if not worse experiences for us. As I could see from the reaction of my ten year old nephew, after he had read the book, it becomes clear to a child very quickly that there are no problems in the present moment, i.e. if one puts one's attention on the NOW and what is happening right at this moment there is no problem and the fear disappears.

on 24 July 2009
I like this story, but find it just a bit too simple. It says all the right things, but does not really get the message accross some how. I would maybe have liked to see another one or two senarios. I wonder whether someone not being bullied would benefit. There are other things that people/children worry about that could have been included. The illustrations where great.
on 10 October 2015
A great book as a beginning start to teach children to live in the now, both my 7 and 13 year old read it.
on 25 February 2015
Best children's book out there. A good intro into presence for the adults too if they are unfamiliar with Eckhart Tolle. Beautifully illustrated and my son loved it.
on 18 December 2013
good book. Like the concept, but the not the cost, I feel this was well over the top. Cost me less for "the power of now". Too expensive for worth!
on 23 April 2014
Gorgeous book. I'm a huge fan of Tolle and was delighted to buy this for my grand children. Great lessons to learn here!