I bought this book in 2002, and it simply did not make any sense to me. In 2014 I reread it and I can see that it is full of wonderful insights, good advice, and immense experience. Hence it is one of those books that acts like a signpost to those who are ready.

Published 7 months ago by Stewart Edwards

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not a remote viewing course!
For those of you who would like to learn remote viewing: this book is not a course. Rather, it is a history on remote viewing and some views on good practices. Also, the author recommends some trainers he personally knows, not discounting others. Also, he tells us what to watch out for when considering a course.
Published on 1 Dec 2009 by Jordan Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars This is not a remote viewing course!, 1 Dec 2009
Jordan Smith (California, USA) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Scant on facts, 27 Sep 2003
This review is from: Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook (Paperback)
Having read the various glowing reviews of this book, I feel I should give my opinion. This was the first title I had read on the subject. This book is more of a 'how to do it right' rather than a general 'how to do it' title. It provides little information into the actual process itself. The metaphor of a martial art seemed to trivialise the act of remote viewing and was totally unconvincing. It was very surprising to hear this come from one of the foremost authorities on the subject. It may be of some use to the more experienced reader on the subject but I was frankly glad to finish the book and move onto something else.

5.0 out of 5 stars 12 Years ago I read it and threw it in the attic - now I get it, 9 Mar 2014
This review is from: Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook (Paperback)

While I am a mere novice at such things, this book has given me independent confirmation of some things that I have come to know and understand, as well as giving me lots more to think about.

Be prepared, for while the book does tell you how to practice, a lot of attention is rightly given to the ethics and the sort of person you need to be. This is, to my mind, very important. The book also explores the double blind scientific testing that has been done.

A very good book that is a worthy read by anyone interested, and even if the book makes little sense to you now, chuck it in the attic and dig it out in a dozen years - you might just surprise yourself.

5.0 out of 5 stars RV has two branches, the scientific and the psychic., 28 July 2001
This review is from: Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook (Paperback)
Joseph McMoneagle is refreshingly objective and informative in this highly charged and rather contentious area of scientific study. In this revealing book, McMoneagle explains the potential of RV and how the reader may achieve varying degrees of consciousness, enabling them to Remote View. McMoneagle displaces many myths and misconceptions regarding RV and does so without being dogmatic that his views and experiences are the 'true' experiences. The book avoids unnecessary sentimentality and psychic viewpoints. Without doubt, this is one of the greatest 'millennium' books published and is a must read for anyone who has experienced an OBE, bilocation, cognitive thought sequences or indeed, wishes to do so. A must read!

2.0 out of 5 stars High Expectations, 1 Aug 2002
This review is from: Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook (Paperback)
For me this was a book that promised so much - secrets of how to actually perform remote viewing - but that delivered very little. I am none the wiser on the practical nature of the subject, most of the chapters seemed little more than a hodge-podge of 'borrowed' philosophies - or maybe it's just me?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 21 Aug 2014
This review is from: Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook (Paperback)
still reading but is very good

Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook
Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook by Joseph McMoneagle (Paperback - 1 July 2000)