on 24 November 1997
I'm a beginner to Delphi 3 and this book is absolutelly not recomended to beginners. When I saw the word "Bible" in the title, I thought that it would be recomended to me. I really did not like it. What happens is that when you don't know what to expect, you can't use this book as its style covers every class and every property but doesn't concatenate the ideas, it works more like a syntax reference. Definitelly not recomended for beginners!
on 16 January 1998
This is a good book that could have been great if the authors would have spent more time updating the information on Delphi 3's new VCL (including to new C/S version). As it stands now, if you have enough money to build a big Delphi library and you are a serious programmer, then you'll probably find occasions when this book will come in handy. Otherwise you will probably be better off spending you money elsewhere.
on 19 June 1997
This book followed the proven Waite Group Layout and covered most of the old VCL components. However, if you are looking for the excellent reference most Waite Group Bibles provide don't look here. New VCLs, functions, and any useful information about Delphi specific messages and exceptions have been left out. This book is a waste of money for all but the beginner to Delphi.
on 16 June 1997
I bought this book however, it has no coverage on any of the new components that are shipped with Delphi 3 C/S. No Coverage on RemoteServer, ClientDataSet, Provider or any of the new VCLs that you see under Win32 palette page. As far as database applications I see no help in using this book at all. Nevertheless is a good example how Borland should do their documentation.
on 21 October 1998
I liked this book if used as a reference book and nothing more. It isn't going to teach you how to program well in Delphi, but is does give you comprehensive references to methods and properties of compenents. It wouldn't be my first choice of Delphi book, but to add to a library of Delphi books it is worthwhile.