5.0 out of 5 stars Just to look at this book is a joy; to eat the food is bliss
Published on 21 Mar 2001 by John R. Marchant

3.0 out of 5 stars tuscan book rather than Tuscan cook book
Beautiful pictures, great recipes but... it is almost impossible to prepare these dishes anywhere outside Tuscany (e.g. fresh cannelini beans are almost unavailable outside Italy). I recommed it but rather as a book for reading (and watching pictures)than as a cook book.
Published on 16 Mar 2009 by M. Sliwinski

5.0 out of 5 stars Just to look at this book is a joy; to eat the food is bliss, 21 Mar 2001
John R. Marchant (Deenethorpe, Northants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Tuscan Cookbook (Hardcover)
My wife saw this book in a restaurant in Rome on a recent holiday. She was taken by the sheer beauty of the book and the wonderful recipes. I am very happy to say that upon her return she bought it (from Amazon) and we have been using it ever since. We have tried a lot of the recipes and without exception the food is brilliant. I would say that this is not a book for novice chefs but persevere - it's worth the effort. To close I would say if you only buy one Italian cook book, buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful photographs and wonderful recipes!, 16 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: The Tuscan Cookbook (Hardcover)
Myself and five other people had the wonderful experience of staying in Anna Rosa Mignone Vasconetto's villa near Sienna in the spring of 1999. Rosa showed us her copy of this book and I have been searching for it since then. We enjoyed the views and the foods of Tuscany and this book brings back many fond memories. The recipes are authentic and delicious. All in all, an excellent reflection of the experiences of Tuscany.

3.0 out of 5 stars tuscan book rather than Tuscan cook book, 16 Mar 2009
M. Sliwinski "demeter" (Brussels) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tuscan Cookbook (Paperback)