5.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!
I sent for this because I already have Sylvia Pippen's books and love Sashiko.
The text is set down very clearly and is easy to understand.Patterns are full size and easy to copy.
I sent to Sylvia for kits (to Hawaii from Scotland) and received them within 10 days.
Kits ready marked very well for stitching.
Brilliant service
Published on 6 Mar. 2010 by Mrs. A. G. Taylor

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Best patterns not included!
Published on 29 Sept. 2010 by Lamprhey

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning: Best patterns not included!, 29 Sept. 2010
Lamprhey (Abergavenny, South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Paradise Stitched-Sashiko & Appliqué Quilts - Print-On-Demand Edition (Paperback)
Before I bought the book I used google booksearch to look at the contents, and the quilts looked stunning so I bought it. Though the instructions are very good, I found that the patterns for the best quilts are only available by separate purchase from the author -- I found this very disappointing and it should have been made clearer to prospective purchasers, as I thought the price was very high given that these patterns were not included.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Book!, 6 Mar. 2010
Mrs. A. G. Taylor (Scotland.U.k.) - See all my reviews
I sent for this because I already have Sylvia Pippen's books and love Sashiko.
Kits ready marked very well for stitching.
Brilliant service

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book, 22 April 2010
This is a stunning book. There are so many ideas and designs that you can recreate yourself, you are spoilt for choice. As someone who enjoys both applique and hand quilting, that takes centre stage part of the design, this is a perfect book for me. I highly recommend it for those who want to develop their applique and quilting skills and also for inspiration from Syliva's glorious designs. Worth every penny. I can see me using this book continually.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent resource, 18 Oct. 2010
Paradise Stitched by Sylvia Pippen has a very bright, eye-catching cover that entices and intrigues you to find out more about the marriage between Sashiko and Applique.The book begins with a description of traditional Sashiko, which originated in Japan, giving examples and traditional patterns along with a comprehensive list of materials needed before moving onto the techniques involved for marking and stitching a design. The next chapter looks at appliqué methods using Mylar and paper templates then moves on to the fabric requirements for the flowers and birds in the quilts.
Sylvia comes from Hawaii and her quilts are influenced by the Polynesian styles of quilting - she explains how she designs a quilt then introduces the reader to embellishing the quilt with embroidery. There is a short section on methods of finishing the quilt and a gallery of quilts made mainly by Sylvia but also from other members of her family and friends. The second half of the book gives patterns and instructions for completing 6 quilts using the methods described in the first half combining sashiko and appliqué. I found this book inspirational and a fresh approach to appliqué

5.0 out of 5 stars Stitching Paradise, 16 July 2010
Mrs. G (NorthYorkshire) - See all my reviews
Part of my planning for a sampler quilt reflecting family life and experience involved finding a pattern for exotic flowers as seen on a South Pacific holiday. "Paradise Stitched" exactly answered my needs. Although sashiko technique is not my first choice, the designs are just as useful for general quilting use. The clear, full size patterns provided are easy to understand and comprehensive and the extra information in the text really brings back happy memories. Illustrations are so vivid that they could inspire any keen needleworker to create their own masterpiece.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paradise Syitched, 20 May 2010
D. Mcallister "D.McAllister" (Bridge of Weir, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this as a gift for my mother and she spent the next week telling us all about the beautiful designs in the book apparently it is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paridise Stitched: Sashiko and Applique Quilts, 29 Mar. 2011
I purchased this book just by loving the front cover. Its even better inside, I am progressing more into hand quilting and tried a little Sashiko at Harrogate Quilt show with Susan Briscoe and combining it with Applique is inspirational.

5.0 out of 5 stars Paradise Stitched:Sashiko and Applique Quilts, 22 Oct. 2010
A friend of mine who leads our local patchwork group had purchased this book from you and brought it along to our meeting - I was enchanted by the projects in there. The book layout is also very good and easy to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Already written review!, 29 Feb. 2012
I have already written a review for this item but it was fine and all was okay, thanks again.
P.S Do not see the need for long winded reviews!

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love Sylvia Pippen's designs, 6 Dec. 2014
Magical stitchery. I just love Sylvia Pippen's designs. Great pull-out transfer sheet. I can't wait to start making a quilt.

Paradise Stitched-Sashiko & Appliqué Quilts - Print-On-Demand Edition