5.0 out of 5 stars keep dry gardening
I bought this pattern in 2009 and have just got around to making the first block! I found it hard to decide which block to start with, and then what colour to make the background (red wasn't it for me).
The whole process required several stages
1) photocopy each of the designs 4 times (so that I could cut out each shape to use as templates)
2) trace one...
Published on 2 Aug 2012 by Elaine B Reader

3.0 out of 5 stars useful
not quite what i expected initially, however the templates are great and very useful, its good for ideas of what can be done.
Published 15 months ago by crafter

5.0 out of 5 stars keep dry gardening, 2 Aug 2012
Elaine B Reader (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Aunt Millie's Garden: 12 Flowering Blocks from Piece O' Cake Designs (Paperback)
The whole process required several stages
2) trace one quarter of each design onto clear laminate sheets (for correct placement)
3) cut out the fabric using the paper templates previously made in step 1
4) pin (spray baste etc) all pieces (one quarter of a block at a time) to background and then start to needleturn the edges.
Block one is almost complete - I'll post a pic when it is done.

The instructions are fine and the blocks have pieces large enough to be easy to stitch, some do have sharp corners which are difficult, but I decided to make my quilt for the wall, and will need to make 9 blocks so I can leave out any I think I'm not up to.

There are many examples of Aunt Millies's garden on the internet just take a look at the variety out there, it must be easy enough for many people if you enjoy applique, so go for it.

3.0 out of 5 stars useful, 2 Jun 2013