Format: Hardcover|Change

on 20 February 2014
I bought this because, though I am an experienced knitter, I have only recently converted to knitting in the round. I also recently bought a Latvian mitten kit at a trade exhibition, in the mistaken belief that it would contain basic knitting instructions... This book has given me everything I need to know, both to knit the Latvian mitts and loads more. Unlike any knitting books which often only have a few designs that appeal, this will be my 'go to' reference from now on. It is also easy to adapt and combine pattern motifs.
on 6 July 2014
Beautiful Norwegian designs for mitts and gloves for children and adults. Interesting history at the start. My only complaint is that the lines of the design charts in grey are rather faint. I am scanning and enlarging the charts to follow, as concentration is required. Hoping I can give some of these away for Christmas and other gifts. Have begun on one pattern but looking forward to getting 'stuck' into knitting others from the book.
on 3 January 2012
I had this book for Xmas and I am really happy with it. Lots of patterns in full colour easy directions to follow and I know I will great good use from it, and it will not sit gathering dust. I highly recommend this book.
on 31 January 2014
Nearly finished my first pair of gloves from this book. Just what I wanted - information about the history/folklore of the patterns, easy to follow patterns with colour photographs. Have never done any fair isle knitting before - found a u-tube demo of how to knit using both hands, ball of wool each side. Love traditional knitting.
on 29 December 2015
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my mother in the hope that next Christmas she will have knitted gloves for the entire family! This is a truly lovely book with a multitude of different patterns.
on 1 March 2013
Not much more to say - just jolly good but the patterns are complicated and of course the knitting needs concentration. An intersting story, too, about how the author found the patterns.
on 28 August 2014
Can't wait to start my Elkhound gloves! I have had the wool delivered from Norway so theirs no excuse now! Some of the patterns I recognised from my Grans Old pre war patterns
on 14 January 2013
I have already knitted 2 pairs of gloves with theses instructions and it is being really easy, even that I am not English speaker
on 23 July 2013
this is nice for my bisnes and my good frends for look for patterns my freand love it so muts
on 5 December 2014
Loved this book, lots of information and beautiful designs