5.0 out of 5 stars Personal Favourite
I have dozens of vegan cook books and this is by far my favourite. Yes, the book is a little dated, and there are some 'hard to find' ingredients, but I am very much into my vegan cooking so I do not mind travelling to a health food shop to get 'nutritional yeast' or looking for 'silken tofu' which have now become general cupboard staples for me.
However most of the...
Published 9 months ago by Laura

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, quick, easy recipies
The recipes in this book use inexpensive ingredients, they are quick and easy to make. The only problem is that all the weights and measurements are in American, which meant that I was spending a lot of time converting to British measurements.
Overall a good buy.
Published on 18 May 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Inexpensive, quick, easy recipies, 18 May 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: 20 Minutes to Dinner: Low-fat, Low-calorie, Quick Vegetarian Meals (Paperback)
Overall a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Personal Favourite, 10 July 2014
However most of the recipes contain easy to find ingredients, and the instructions are very clear and straight forward, and even offers nutritional information with it which is good for those watching their fat or caloric intake.
My absolute favourite recipe in the book is the 'Quick Creamy Sauce' which is excellent for making Carbonara, which is something I have missed as a vegan and the 'Creamy seashell caserole' which utilizes the sauce to make a faux seafood pasta bake, which you would never guess was low fat.
The author has also offered adaptations for many of the recipes to give a different take on them, so you can change them up a little each time.

I would reccomend this book to those who are into their vegan cooking, but also like their meals quick, easy and tasty! Oh.. and healthy!

1.0 out of 5 stars A waste of money for me, 22 Oct. 2012
I have never used this book. Having lived on an American military base I am quite used to cooking with American measures and with converting American ingredients into English equivalents. However this book refers to items that you simply do not get in the UK and that I cannot think of an English equivalent. The book is a nice idea, but it is no good for the English market.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 1 Jan. 2012
I bought this book to provide me with quick inspiration at 10 to 6 of an evening. However, I am disappointed. For a start it is vegan, not vegetarian; and it is very dated and very American. There is no mention of quorn products - which I find are a very quick and easy low-fat veggie option, but mentions things like 'liquid smoke' ehh? Not for me I'm afraid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth buying just for the cheese recipes!, 19 Nov. 2009
This book is very good, quick and easy recipes as promised. I live in a country were it's impossible to get vegan cheese so for me, the vegan cheese recipes, make this book my best buy ever. But the other recipes are great as well. Sadly there are no pictures in this book. Every recipe also contain detailed nutrition information which is very good.

20 Minutes to Dinner: Low-fat, Low-calorie, Quick Vegetarian Meals
20 Minutes to Dinner: Low-fat, Low-calorie, Quick Vegetarian Meals by Bryanna Clark-Grogan (Paperback - Nov. 1996)
Used & New from: £0.01