5.0 out of 5 stars Lucid & Humorous Talks on Tibetan Buddhism and Life
The Wisdom of No Escape was my first introduction to Tibetan Buddhism. I found it by chance at a time of my life when it had become ludicrously clear that there was NO escape from human frailty. It makes one feel much better about that fact.

Great book.
Published on 12 Oct. 1996

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a just a transcript of one of her retreats
Published on 11 April 2012 by Elise

5.0 out of 5 stars Lucid & Humorous Talks on Tibetan Buddhism and Life, 12 Oct. 1996
By A Customer

Great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvelous, 4 Dec. 1998
By A Customer
Marvelous book. Very well written, you feel like the author was there with you, talking to you. It all sounds so truthful, like you always knew, yet how come we chose the opposite? There's no escape , unless you want to keep dying day after day. Let's wake up. It's worth it, and this book is a good start. It was for me. Probably the best I've read of all so-called "self-help" books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant & Compassionate Read, 10 Mar. 2008
I have to admit that I am a bit of a fan of Pema Chodron, having heard her audiobooks "How to Meditate", "Pure Meditation" and "True Happiness". I like her down-to-earth, yet wise and compassionate style. This is the first book I have read of Pema's and it is beautiful. It took me a while to get into it, and I enjoyed the last 7 chapters the most especially the "Sending & Taking" chapter on Tonglen practice, the chapter called "Not preferring Samsara to Nirvana" which spoke a little about ego involvement, and finally the chapter "Sticking to One Boat" which has inspired me to buy Trungpa's "Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism". 10 years before coming across Pema's beautiful teachings I got involved with A.Cohen's ego-inflated,neurotic nonsense and it seriously put me off all spiritual paths for a very long time. Pema Chodron is a breath of fresh, spring air.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a just a transcript of one of her retreats, 11 April 2012
I buy quite a lot of self help books and CDs and have been getting a little annoyed at how many CDs are just recordings of the author's last conference or seminar. A lazy way of making money, I feel. I've bought 2 of Pema Chodron's CDs and found them quite good, despite being recordings of her seminars. I thought I'd try this book, but it is literally a transcript of one of her retreats. They haven't even tried to edit it to make it easier to read, somebody has literally just typed out every word she said. This means the book is not well written and not easy to read. I'd rather listen to the CDs - at least I can hear her intonation and makes sense of what she said. Lazy authors!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Book, 9 Aug. 2009
Pema Chödrön teaches the Dharma from her own experience. This is an invaluable book for anyone wishing to progress their understanding of themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 29 May 2013
Another great book and read by Pema Chodron, very warm and inviting with a very accesible format. Can highly recommend any of Pema's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars words of wisdom, 17 Jun. 2013
have read it and will read it again at least once, lots of littel things to contemplate in this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal book., 9 Feb. 2015
This is just a phenomenal book. Complex ideas are conveyed simply. It is a practical guide to how to stay on the path; be gentle with yourself and stay connected with your inner core. What I like about it, is the acknowledgement of our human failings.

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing book of revelation, 5 Jan. 2015
What a book. I have become a complete convert to Pema. An amazing book of revelation, helpful to the human condition and yet such gentle reading. i will now need to read the rest!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pema writes good books......, 16 April 2014
Sometimes it seems that Pema (as well as other buddhist writers) is writing the same book with a different slant each time. However, if you need to read Pema Chodron you need to read Pema Chodron. Its good but I have my Pema favourites. My review means not much other than I like her books. Do try at least one!

The Wisdom of No Escape and the Path of Loving-kindness (Shambala Classics)
Used & New from: £3.03