The Shambhala Anthology of Chinese Poetry (Shambhala Pocket Classics)
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£11.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 18 September 2011
This is an excellent book and should be enjoyed for many years if you love Chinese poetry and wish to extend the range of your poems from this rich source of world literature. There is something here for everybody and the individual and considered comments by Seaton are a valuable addition to my extensive reading of poetry from Japan and China; my particular interest is Tao and Zen poetry; both sensitively translated here. The majot poets are well translated and show why they are both poets and writers with the words for the universal and the particular.

Also Shambala have produced another fine book to continue their literature from the classics. Do buy it and enjoy these lovely and resonant poems.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 7 October 2010
I love Chinese poetry. I was birthed into this area with the The Anchor Book of Chinese Poetry: From Ancient to Contemporary, the Full 3000-Year Tradition, which stands as one of my all-time favourite books.

After reading reviews of JP Seaton I opened this book eagerly. Alas, it just is not my style. I'm sure other readers will find it very much IS your style, and I hope you enjoy it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again