Format: Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 9 February 2009
As the world reels at the injustice of a Second Great Depression, Rabbi Bonder points out the underlying spiritual truths of the universe. Boom and bust is an inherent part of the human condition. The Market is a mystical thing, and it has many dimensions.

To be rich in one dimension can create poverty in other dimensions. For example, the boom in the housing market created a scarcity of homes. There are conditions on what constitutes useful economic activity, 'It is better to do nothing than to transform something into nothing.'

This book is full of amusing and entertaining stories. The Talmud says: Who is really rich?

Rabbi Yose used to say: One who has a bathroom near his dining room.

Rabbi Meir used to say: One who derives inner peace through his fortune.

Bonder explains how we all have a Livelihood, which nobody else can take from us. The root of our fortune is within our own essences. We rise and fall, and that is the natural cycle of life. We should not resist either. Interaction with the Market is a great way to discover the reality of our skills and abilities.

Being self-employed I am confronted with these issues. This book illuminates and defines some of the feelings and ideas I have had for a long time.
The Kabbalah of Money is an essential book for anyone who's interested in increasing their personal wealth, improving the quality of life ("tikkun haOlom") or desires insight into the inner workings of successful living.

I've read and re-read this book multiple times since I bought in back in August, 2004. To say it is a business book "...Money" would indeed be a disservice to the reader and Rabbi Bonder. This book is about, first and foremost, understanding how one's behavior-- by thought, speech and action-- influences the environment for good or otherwise.

Let me also point out that it does address business issues, but it does so with ample does of Talmudic wisdom. And, to my pleasure, it is not overly heavyhanded in its scope.

The book does not teach the how to's of getting into business, but the ethical and spiritual aspects. So, for instance, if one is a fan of Mr. Donald "The Art of the Deal" Trump, it would behoove you to have a copy of this while you're watching The Apprentice. It's akin to The Power of Positive Thinking and/or Enthusiasm Makes the Difference by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, but with the obvious Jewish foundation.

I highly recommend this book, it is a gem and its rewards are hidden in its pages.
on 17 July 2015
Jewish ideas in very simple way. Enlightening.