Format: Paperback|Change

on 7 November 2008
I cannot recommend this book highly enough. Ali (may Allah be pleased with him) is one of the major figures of the early Islamic period. Or to be more accurate, the Prophetic period and he certainly knows the nature of many things. I would like to read a book about his life in detail, this book is more about his sayings, which is excellent anyway. Buy it and ponder over this great man and then think about how great his teacher was. Who was his teacher? The Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him).
on 22 August 2008
An excellent translation by Cleary of the most beautiful works. I believe the words are translated from the Nahj, you can find mystic jewels of wisdom and the true spirit of Islam within these passages. I also disagree with the previous reviewer about the front cover, I admire its vibrancy.
on 30 June 2014
This book is a gem. You cannot but be amazed and puzzled, how wise this man was. These quotes of this unique personality are just as powerful and relevant today as they have been since the time of their inception. They are relevant for all kind of women and men.

The understandings of this world and the Hereafter are invaluable. It is a small book. You can look up any page and you will be enlightened and inspired. If you want to read it all, you can do it within a day. I would suggest however to digest a few pieces of the book at a time.
on 17 January 2012
This short collection from the sayings of the most noble, Imam Ali ibn Abu Talib is a treasure for anyone wishing to dip into the teachings of this protector, companion and successor to the Holy Prophet of Islam. Always close at hand, it provides many references to lift the heart and soul. All pondering minds will gain from this work.
The Art of the Islamic Garden
The Succession to Muhammad: A Study of the Early Caliphate
on 11 March 2015
Excellent Book and good value for money.
on 6 May 2007
I do not know if these are truly the words of our liegelord 'Ali, and I do not know if the contents are themselves unassailable, but this mystic book, with virtually no commentary nor taste of personal agenda, is incredible.

The wisdom is astonishing.

I have seen nothing like this in the English language.

I do not like the images on the front cover.

Insha'Allah