4.0 out of 5 stars Great free from baking
I have tried baking without conventional ingredients previously, but this book really delivers on removing all possible irritants. If you're looking for a recipe book that genuinely doesn't use gluten and avoids dairy, eggs and even sugar in many of the recipes then this is brilliant. The only downsides of the cake recipes are that they are in cups rather than weight and...
Published on 4 April 2010 by C. Neill

3.0 out of 5 stars Good in parts
I've been avoiding wheat and dairy for a couple of years now, so this book seemed ideal, and I was really excited when it arrived. I've made the Maple Berry Muffins (pretty good, bit of an odd after-taste), the thumbprint cookies (really good) and the macaroons (excellent, lots of requests for the recipe).

My reservations about this book are probably a result...
Published on 27 July 2011 by motherofpearl

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs a lot of work, 8 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book (Paperback)
First I was in awe- a gluten free (for me) and Vegan (for my daughter) book so I could bake tasty cakes and breads that work for us instead of making up and adapting recipes. The downsides are: US measurements mean it is hard to gage how much you need when buying ingredients. The recipes seem to make a lot and it is hard to scale down when using 1/3 cup etc. Also ingredients called for are expensive e.g linseed ground £5, enoough natural sweetener for a cake £5 also. The idea behind it is great and I have had some success with some recipes. I will try again now I have a mixer which is mentioned in every dish!

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but not very practical., 7 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book (Paperback)
This book has wonderful recipes that cover a wide range of food types and with simple instruction. By only issues with the book is there only a handful of recipes for each type of food, but most of all the ingredients - i haven't heard of them let alone have them lying around and can't easily find them to buy them which is a hassle. But otherwise a good product.

1.0 out of 5 stars I don't recommend this book to anyone since the person that wrote ..., 26 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book (Paperback)
This book is NOT vegan! It contains several recipes with honey! I found it extremely disappointing to find this out as I opened the book. I don't recommend this book to anyone since the person that wrote this book obviously is very confused about what being a vegan is about! Again very disappointing!

Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book
Flying Apron's Gluten-Free & Vegan Baking Book by Jennifer Katzinger (Paperback - 7 Oct. 2012)