on 28 October 2012
I bought this and the Doodle Cats for my 2 sons aged 8 & 6 to keep them occupied on a flight. Worked a treat and lasted throughout the summer holidays.
The hardboard backing makes it easy to use wherever you are and the product is quite small so easy to slip into a handbag if you want to have something to entertain your kids while at a restaurant etc.
on 1 January 2009
My 9 year old son sat at the table and drew everyone of these dogs in one sitting and just called me every few minutes to say come look at this doodle dog, he just didn't want to stop. He loved it so much that he wants to spend some of his Xmas money on 'Doodle faces' and 'Doodle Cats'. As with all Klutz books they have such simple and clear instructions that just make them fantastic for kids to be able to sit and do it all by themselves, there is nothing worse than kids activity books/kits that make a kid feel stupid because they have to constantly ask someone to explain bits to them. This comes with absolutley loads of paper so you can draw all dogs several times and not have to worry about mistakes and starting again. My son also loved the ripping the pictures of the roll and you can even rip off the paper and trace the dogs out of the book for the younger or less proficient doodlers.
on 31 August 2012
This drawing book and pad is so much fun I am going to get another one! My 5 and 6 year old grandsons and I love it! It's a great little kit, so much fun for children and adults alike!
on 20 March 2014
This was a great success with my six year old grandson who loves dogs and drawing. He was quite taken with the format of a roll of paper and his drawing to copy right by the side of it. He managed excellent results and was very pleased and proud of his achievements. We felt it had helped his accuracy with copying, his attention to detail whilst drawing and most important he loved doing it. The drawing shapes to build up a little dog are built up one by one so easy to follow and the little dogs produced are cute.
The price is about right as the product is good quality and there is a fair sized roll of paper. I am not sure whether you would be able to replace the paper roll when it ran out.
I would recommend this product, possibly up to about nine years of age.
on 14 August 2013
This is a clever and simple little product. Very easy step by step instructions. When you see the child's face after they have completed their drawing they are so pleased that they were able to create a 'cool' sketch (even if it isn't exactly the same, it still turns out pretty good). My daughter (age 8) has 'doodle cats' too and loves them both. I also like it as adults can do fun sketches with it too. Can use the drawings to create a birthday card for an animal loving friend, makes it more personal. Great stocking filler or gift to give as inexpensive.
on 16 April 2013
I bought this for my 7 year old daughter. It is a fantastic book, she absolutely loves it and has drawn every dog in the book. It is very clear & simple and we can both draw the dogs very well with the 4 easy steps. It is perfect for using at home or taking out with you as it is compact and has the roll of paper and pencil attached.

I am so happy with it, I have ordered more for presents for her friends as it is a real hit. Also, my 10 year old son wants one so roll on Christmas!!
on 15 January 2011
I gave this as a gift for Christmas to a 6 year old girl who loves it! She has used it in the car in particular during journeys and is making great progress in drawing - finding it easy to follow the instructions. I recommend it to any child with a creative streak.
on 20 May 2012
Great value for money and suitable as a gift for boys or girls with perhaps another arty product. Suitable for 6 years plus but even my 5 year old had a go. I love it even as a mum!!!
on 31 May 2009
My 6 year old got this when she was 4 and still loves it. Great for the car and good as a gift.
on 20 February 2013
My daughter (7 years) loved doodling the simple step-by-step instructions, being able to draw a variety of dogs and was over the moon with the finished drawings. Cute pictures!