on 27 December 2007
I ordered this for my eight year old daughter after seeing it on Amazon at such a good price. We have both had great fun designing outfits together and she has kept a fancy scrap book of her designs. With the book and just a pair of scissors you can have hours of fun. I would recommend it for all fashion loving girls from eight years upwards. It is truly creative and older girls could make very stylish cards etc.
I think it is book we will return to again and again, there are plenty of supplies to make hundreds of designs.
on 10 October 2007
I bought this for my 14 year old but my 10 year old intercepted! We've had it for a few months now and she still plays with it most days. The book is brilliant, lots of templates and really cool (material) paper and accessories like tiny beads, thread etc. Even pretend lace! What's really good is that it produces very good results, even from children with no help from adults. Highly recommended - and I paid a lot more than the price on Amazon in a book shop.
0Comment|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 February 2007
Given to me as a gift, this book, which is a kit, is excellent. I use these paper fashions to make greeting cards (I made a beautiful wedding card). When I was younger, I loved to play with self made paper dolls and paper fashions but this book also teaches about style, there are things any girl can learn for herself. It is very well illustrated and everything is included: paper, ribbons, etc. You will need only a pair of scissors and a pencil to begin at once. Inspiration will be right before you.
on 15 March 2008
We had to wait a long time for it to come into stock but it was definately worth it. There are lots of different paper designs and the mini hangers are really cute! There are 83 stencils to use and also plenty of ribbon and beads.
on 6 May 2008
this is just he cutest gift for budding little dress designers - and the not so little ones too. I bought this for my goddaughter recently and had to buy another one for myself! it is a delight - perfect for handmade cards etc - hours of fun.
on 20 January 2009
My 5 1/2 year old daughter received this as a gift. I was very skeptical as I don't like fashion and I thought she would be too young and need a lot of help with it. But after a little initial help, reading, explaination, and assistance with the first creation or two, she has been able to do this on her own. As she is a child who must constantly be creating things, ie cutting, drawing, writing, making, this is an ideal art activity for her, and it holds her attention for quite a while. She loves the tiny clothes hangers and making the little outfits to hang on them. She surprised me by being able to do the quite careful cutting this kit requires, then carefully glueing her outfits together and sticking them into a booklet she made to keep them in. She likes making up different outfits with different colors and patterns. She has had her dad and me make an outfit or two with her and we both enjoyed doing it and the nice results we managed even though we have no interest in fashion. My daughter can't yet read the book that is part of this kit but she looks through it a little to look at the pictures. It is good art/craft activity for busy little girls as well as older ones, as long as the child is good with scissors (proper ones not the little kid kind).
on 28 April 2008
I bought this for my 8 and 10 year old girls to take away with us on holiday in case it rained (in the Lake District!). They were addicted to it and it kept them happy for hours. In fact we had to drag them away from it half the time. I'd really recommend it for any girls who are the slightest bit creative. They can get on with creating fashions without any adult help at all. You just need to have lots of suitable exclamations of delight when presented with their numerous designs!
on 16 November 2008
My 9 year old (nearly 10 year old) got this together with the extra stuff and the klutz Fancy Paper fashions at Christmas. They have been in non stop use since and I had forgotten to put a review down. Brilliant for groggy days and girlies coming over to play. Good quality product, papers, ribbons sequins etc good standard and the book itself very durable.
Highly recommended - you cant go wrong.

Would recommend buying toegether with a small scrapbook so the designs can be displayed or a small photograph album with sticky pages so they can be removed to use on cards etc at a later date.

Also bought a set of tiny 'really useful boxes' for the sequins, ribbons etc. to keep it all together.
Very good value for money and can be added to easily from a craft shop should supplies ever run out.
10 stars **********
on 11 January 2010
Having created my own fashions as a child and wanting to keep my 9 year old amused away from the tv and computer I found this little gem. Having read everyones recommendation I was intriged if was as good as it sounds. Arrived by the usual efficient service by Amazon and thought it looked pretty basic; then you open the wrapper and see inside and found to my surprise it opened up your imagination ... not many toys do that these days! The book contains three sets of stencils, over 30 sheets of double sided printed papers, 15 little hangers and a small range of tiny beads and ribbons. Its well worth reading the book cover to cover first just to wet your appetite then let yourself loose on all those creative ideas. My daugther created a scrapbook with each page themed to store her designs in and review. Little hands will need some help cutting out as it is quite intricate but she says its the best present she's received and during those cold snowy evenings we have spent wonderful evenings together designing new outfits and having fun. We have already been at the art shop buying spare beads and now need some more paper ... hopefully Amazon would notice and stock this! Do I recommend this? ... well we have not seen much TV since we got it!
on 19 December 2009
I bought this for my daughters 8th birthday as shes a budding fashion designer. She absolutely loves it. Has had hours and hours of fun and is now eyeing up the paper fashions fancy. Would definately recommend it!!!!