5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent inspirational book
Although intended for children, the drawing exercises in this book are good enough for anyone who thinks they can't draw. It is fun to work through, and the children I have bought copies for just love it. I really want to do it myself now!
Published on 12 Dec 2001 by spinarooroo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected.
I expected a how to book. This book more or less says don't be afraid to do your own thing, doesn't actually show you how to draw anything.
Published 7 months ago by SueC

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent inspirational book, 12 Dec 2001
This review is from: Drawing for the Artistically Undiscovered (Klutz) (Spiral-bound)

5.0 out of 5 stars A great confidence improver!, 4 April 2003
By A Customer
Although this book does help you to improve skills and learn technique, it's main (very successful, in my case!) aim seems to be to help you develop your confidence and simply enjoy drawing. I heartily recommend it for all ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars A treat for the inner child - and the outer adult, 6 Jan 2005
By A Customer
I originally saw this in a children's bookshop - but it is far too good for children. It restores the childish joy of drawing and copying things simply for fun to anybody. I bought a copy for my wife as a Christmas present, and for the first time in her life she is happily sketching for pleasure. A wonderful boost to the self-confidence, and a real treat for the inner child!
Buy it for everybody you know who thinks that they are talentless when it comes to art.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes drawing hilarious, 28 Oct 1999
By A Customer
Quentin Blake and John Cassidy's approach to teaching drawing is thoroughly absorbing and takes the "I can't" out of it. More about expression than literal, photographic representation , this is a book to have fun with; to draw all over and try things out.
I keep having to hide it as other members of my household have developed a tendency to steal it, use it and become utterly anti-social. I guess the only way to solve that problem is to buy them their own copy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Aug 2008
Quite possibly the best "how-to-draw" book ever written! Got me restarted on art after an absence of many years. And Quentin Blake is just a genius!
Don't be fooled into thinking this is a kid's book as I almost was. Kids can already draw like this, it's only adults who have forgotten how.
I buy this book as a gift for all my friends and they all love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply a lot of fun, 21 Mar 2006
By A Customer
I bought this book to share with my 12 year old daughter who is much better at drawing than me. I love the inspirational introduction, which informs us that there’s no such thing as a mistake, and quickly builds up confidence. Before you know it, you’re just drawing for fun. A great book to share, and see who can come up with the most imaginative sketches.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb for kids of any age!, 26 Feb 2009
Alison "runninggirlcycling" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I'm 34 and this book is perfect for me! I can't draw (at least not yet) and this book makes it feel like it might actually be possible! The exercises I've done so far are easy and achievable and the tone that the books sets is just right. There are no mistakes, just some drawings that work really well and some that don't. I just want to be able to draw to able to please myself and to illustrate my diary/journal. Quentin Blake's own style is fun, loose and relaxed and it the main reason I chose the book. Recommended for children and adults alike.

5.0 out of 5 stars GOOD FUN AND A GREAT CONFIDENCE BUILDER, 5 Jan 2007
I brought this for my daughter for Christmas. She decided to take Art at GCSE level but was finding it a bit of hard work, mainly due to a lack of confidence in her own ability. However, within a few days of Christmas and a few pages of this book later, we now have sketches all over the house and she is really enthusiastic about going back to school and showing off her new talent and belief in herself! I might even have a go myself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Drawing for the Artistically Undiscovered, 14 Oct 2008
My daughter (age 13) bought this book twice, the second time with her own money (!), because she enjoyed doing it so much. This and Watercolours for the Artistically Undiscovered are quite brilliant.Drawing for the Artistically Undiscovered (Klutz)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have bit of fun, 16 Sep 2011
A. H. Ford "petiteamour" (England) - See all my reviews
This is such a lot of fun. It's a nice size - not small and mean but not big and hard to hold on your lap either. You get an artists pen and two water colour pencils with it in their own little pencil case so an ideal gift. There is plenty of gentle humour, lots of hints and tips, no huge scary spaces to fill, plenty of suggestions for when your mind goes blank and you learn lots without ever getting bored or even feeling like you're being taught. I did actually email Klutz to tell them how much I liked their product and they emailed back the same day - nice to find a seller who cares about their customers even after they've sold them something! I'm 58 years old and doing a BA correspondence course right now so this was a breath of fresh air and a break from formal learning. I had to start drawing straight away, so tempting was it. Absolutely deserving of 5 stars and more.

Drawing for the Artistically Undiscovered (Klutz)
Drawing for the Artistically Undiscovered (Klutz) by John Cassidy (Spiral-bound - 1 Mar 1999)
10.39