4.0 out of 5 stars low GI
If you really want a change from the usual information or mis-information about food and if you really want a plan that you could happily follow for life, this may be the book for you. (Similar to the F plan in times gone by) Not a diet book as such if that's what you're after. Highly informative and clear.
Published on 4 Sep 2011 by nclare

2.0 out of 5 stars Very complicated to read
I found this really hard to get my head around. I use it as a 'dipping into' book. The best bit about the book are the menus and they are good. However I find the quizzes and the exercises simply not interesting. I'd much rather have paid the money for a condensed version that included the menus.

There are better books out there which are more informative...
Published on 19 Dec 2007 by SJSmith

4.0 out of 5 stars low GI, 4 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Low GI Diet Revolution: The Definitive Science-Based Weight Loss Plan (New Glucose Revolutions) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent introduction to healthier living, 21 July 2005
By A Customer
Regardless of the 'revolutionary' title, this book provides an excellent introduction to the role of carbohydrates in diet and explains the GI concept and how to make sensible meal choices every day without serious effort.
It also provides an excellent and do-able set of exercises.
They work for me and friends and family are catching on too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Very complicated to read, 19 Dec 2007
SJSmith (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

There are better books out there which are more informative and don't regurgitate ideas.

1.0 out of 5 stars What Do You Mean, The NEW Glucose Revoluation?, 25 Jun 2005
I actually wanted to make a correction to the title of this book, but whenever I tried to log it, it just kept letting me track my orders, so anyway here goes.
The title of the book is very mis-leading - in fact, it's so mis-leading that lawsuits could be made.
The writer gives the impression that, for the first time ever, science has decided to count the amount of carbohydrates in any given food item - wrong.
I would suggest that anyone who is in any way interested in this scientific research looks up the name of Dr R D Lawrence (later Professor Lawrence). You may be interested to know that he and the writer H G Wells formed the Diabetic Association, which them become the British Diabetic Association, and more recently Diabetes UK>=,
This gentleman was a British doctor who, not too long after insulin was discovered, started on a long, long path of discovering why newly diagnosed diabetics who had been put on insulin, still became ill and died of horrific complications.
In short, he created the 'Lawrence Line Diet'. I should know. I was diagnosed with IDD when I was two and, for the past 42 years, have followed his diet on a daily basis. For the record, due to this man's hard work and diligence and the fact that firstly my parents/family and then myself took his work to heart, I am unscathed by the all to often found complications of diabetes.
To all the writers who appear to be cashing in on this wonderful man's work, shame on you.
To the memory of the late Professor Lawrence, thank you a million times over. You truly were a remarkable person.