‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is amazing, 14 Aug 2010
Ms. B. M. Campbell (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 10 Days to a Less Defiant Child: The Breakthrough Program for Overcoming Your Child's Difficult Behavior (Paperback)
This book changed my life in the space of two days never mind 10. I have read many others which I have found completely useless. Unlike other books about ADHD and ODD its doesn't use ideas about silly star charts and the like which do not work with defiant children. It uses a very different approach which I haven't come across in my years as a parent of a defiant child. I wish I had found this book a long time ago. I understand my defiant child now and feel like we are all living in a different household!!! I fully recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 10 Dec 2010
This book is amazing. It has helped us SO much to channel the energy, intensity and determination of our child away from negativity and tantrums to focusing on her interests. A book I have read through twice.

5.0 out of 5 stars gold dust!, 7 April 2012
This book is a must for even the most defiant children! It has improved the whole households behaviour and created a happier home. Very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is brilliant, 19 April 2011
We love this book. It has given us a lot of sound advice to help us improve the way we parent our defiant child. It has shown us the whys and wherefores of his behaviour and the direct impact ours has on the defiance. It is clear and easy to follow. He writes in a very comprehensive way, with practical advice and believable scenarios. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent advice and insights into behaviours and why they happen, 30 Aug 2013
Anne Miller "Film Buff" (Bradford Yorks UK) - See all my reviews
I recommend this book to any parent who is finding it difficult handling their child's behaviour. It gives many useful insights and techniques which can help with the day to day challenges faced by carers with defiant and difficult children. Read it and see for yourself!

5.0 out of 5 stars enlightening, 19 Feb 2013
Great book. Very useful. Clear and easy to read. I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to stop yelling and have a happier relation with their children. Thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely worth a read, 4 April 2013
I bought this book in a moment of desperation about 6 months ago and it has transformed my parenting style. A lot of the book seems "obvious", but although some of the things are sort of basic, when I really thought about it I wasn't doing many of them consistently and the book was a useful reminder of the techniques I am aware of but do not use. The book outlines things to try over a number of days, but I just read through the whole book in a couple of days and picked out the things I wanted to try. Now that I am regularly using the methods in the book the whole family is calmer and we have far less bursts of arguing and confrontation. The book has examples for parenting children of all ages, although I bought the book for parenting a 5 year old. I do think it might the techniques might be slightly better for say 5 - 10 year olds, but I think it could also be useful for parents of pre-teens and teens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 25 April 2012
This book is great. It deals with kids with all levels of defiance, not just those with ODD. I bought it based on previous reviewers positive comments and I was not disappointed. It has heped me manage my defiant 6 year old boy in a whole new way that has lessoned his defiance.
There is so much to take on board with this book that I will have to read it again.
It is full of useful tips and ideas and it has definitely improved our family life.
I would highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 22 Feb 2014
Struggled to find anyone that could help give us some techniques to deal with our son's behaviour - this book is stuffed full of them. Every description of defiant behaviour rang true for us. Felt like someone actually understood what was happening and had practical techniques to help us.

4.0 out of 5 stars 10 days to a less defiant child, 23 Jan 2014
Great read gave me so many useful tips.. I am a primary 1 classroom assistant and have my 4year old son in the classroom with me. Very tough but hopefully this book will help

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›