5.0 out of 5 stars Cupcake Heaven!
This book is absolutely fantastic! The photos are brilliant, the recipe ideas (green tea cupcakes, bet you never imagined that!) are delicious and original... i do however have some advice for potential non american buyers.

1. It uses ingredients unavailable in the UK (Graham crackers, shortening, etc) So you will have to make some substitutions!

2...
Published on 24 Aug 2007 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book but....
This is lovely little book with nice illustrations and some great and unusual ideas. However, my first attempt at the recipe for the vanilla cupcakes wasn't a success. After reading the reviews, I used plain flour as a substitute for 'all purpose flour' and followed the instructions carefully. The cupcakes didn't rise properly and were a real disappointment. The ones I...
Published on 9 Mar 2011 by LW

5.0 out of 5 stars Cupcake Heaven!, 24 Aug 2007
Amazon Customer (Berkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World: 75 Dairy-free Recipes for Cupcakes That Rule (Paperback)

2. Buy yourself a 'Cup Measurer' (got mine from Wilkinsons) A cup is a specific measurement, not just any old mug. Trust me!

3. American cupcake paper cases and trays are a lot deeper than the 'fairy cake' paper cases and baking trays we have in the UK so your cakes will never be quite the same as those pictured!

Despite that, this is an absolute gem and a must have for anyone, omnivore, veggie or vegan with a penchant for cake and icing!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vegans take note, 10 July 2007
Buy this book for the carrot cake cupcake recipe alone. My meat eating friend stated it was the best cake she had ever had and I can't disagree. Amazingly good. Perfectly written book. Not enough photos to drool over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous book with great recipes, 30 May 2007
Ms. C. Rodway (London) - See all my reviews
I really can't recommend this book enough. It has great recipes and pictures (still rare for vegan cook books). The best bit has to be the vegan icing recipes - no more runny, margy messes! Even dairy lovers have been impressed. Up the revolution!

5.0 out of 5 stars Piece of cake, 6 Feb 2009
L. Rutherford (Scotland) - See all my reviews
I got this cookbook for Xmas and have probaly used it about 500 times already. The recipes are amazingly easy to follow, and just in case you "(% it up anyway, the section "When bad things happen to good cupcakes" is invalueable.

I want to make these cupcakes for everyone I know! I want to get to know more people simply so that I can make them vegan cupcakes!

I may fed-ex some to my mother who lives on the other side of the planet. Better yet, I may just buy her a copy of this book. There is no way she is getting her hands on mine! ;)

You should buy it too, it's worth every penny.

4.0 out of 5 stars A book all Vegans must own, 14 Sep 2009
I know there are already a lot of reviews on this so I'll keep this short.
First of all the photography is stunning; something that a lot of vegen cookbooks are lacking. You will be kept from baking by the fact that you will be salavating over the pictures for so long! The receipes are easy to follow and most of the ingredients are easy to find, but not all. Can I just tell U.K readers now that if you are wondering what 'shortening' is it is vegetable fat, I use Trex - I was looking for AGES for this info - so I hope this helps you out. I highly reccommend this book - BUY IT!

5.0 out of 5 stars Made being Vegan easier., 16 Aug 2008
As a recent Vegan (for health reasons) I was feeling a bit depressed about the options open to me food wise. I am a baker at heart and to not be able to eat what I cooked was not fun. However I stumbled across this book and the world became a better place again.

Once you make the simple vanilla cupcakes you are hooked and cannot wait to bake the next batch. My family, friends and work colleagues do not believe that these are dairy free and my fussy eater nieces love them too.

I cannot recommend this book enough. One tip is to buy measuring cups and spoons, plus an oven thermometer if you are on gas. Invaluable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious, 24 Sep 2007
What a fabulous book with beautiful photographs of compassionate cupcakes. Even the gluten-free cupcakes were exceptional.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy, 16 Jun 2010
Catriona Reid - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
I was given this as a present for my first Christmas as a vegan, and I LOVE IT. I had never baked before, so I was a little nervous, but the recipes are great, clear, and simple to follow. Even better, I've brought cupcakes into my (decidedly non-vegan!) work-place, and all the omnivores agree - these are the best damn cupcakes in the world. The illustrations are lovely, the tone chatty and friendly, and the results are phenomenal. There are even a couple of gluten free recipes, which is a nice touch, I think.

It is an American book, so measurements are in cups and spoons, but I just use my British set and haven't had any problems so far!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 30 July 2008
Let's face it, cupcakes are cute :o) and this is the cutest recipe book in the world! Best of all, all the recipes are animal friendly! Whoopie!

Every single recipe in this book is creative and look (and taste!) divine! The photography is beautiful and makes you want to have the real thing in front of you immediately, the most inspiring cook book ever!

As mentioned by others, the measurement are American, but once you have the equipment (buy some measuring cups today!) I find the recipes are much easier to follow than the Brit weighing method.

More advice: if your oven is a bit off with the temperatures, buy an oven thermometer. The first poor batch of cupcakes I made sunk :o( it was because my oven was too cold. I cant even read the temperatures on my oven, guesstimating does not work! But once I used an oven thermometer all was well, and very very yummy!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best cup cakes ever apparently!, 11 Jan 2008
F. Pook (Lancashire, England) - See all my reviews
I recieved this book for my birthday and made my fist batch of cupcakes last night. I have started at the begining planning to work my way through to the end. The comments I have recieved ranged from "Thats was very light" to " It was the best cupcake I have ever had and I didnt want it to end". Ive not tried then yet myself but I will be doing so when I get to the wheat and gluten free recipes. There is even a low fat version for the days when you need cupcakes but not the extra calories. The pictures are fantastic and make you want to bake immediately. The recipe was easy to follow and each one is broken down into steps. I thoroughly recommend this book even if all you do is drool over the pictures.

Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World: 75 Dairy-free Recipes for Cupcakes That Rule by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero (Paperback - 3 April 2008)
6.99