5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful little book, 14 April 2002
By A Customer
Found this book in the architecture section of "a well known high street book shop" because I liked the cover. Before I knew it I'd read the first chapter on the Front Door and had to buy it. Though primarily aimed at an American audience, the book is accessible to all and is an eclectic mix of architecture, design history and sociology with fascinating insights into the way we live and use our homes. "The Kitchen" is a particular highlight comparing notions of luxury and convenience and how our perceptions of these have changed over the last century.
In its own weird way this is perhaps one of the best ( if quirkiest ) books I have ever read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming and provocative reflections on how we live, 26 Jun. 1999
By A Customer
Bravo! Aki Busch takes us on a charming and provocative stroll both through her home and each of ours. Ever wonder why you still have a front door? Or whatever happened to the front porch? Or why your kitchen and closets and garage are so essential? READ THIS BOOK and find out!!

Geography of Home: Writings on Where We Live
Geography of Home: Writings on Where We Live by Princeton Architectural Press (Paperback - 1 Jan. 1999)