Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
I was recommended this book by one of my tutors on my Graphic Design course. I must say that it turned out to be one of the most useful and inspiring books I have ever read. Someone did point out one little glitch regarding the snowflakes and its sides. Aside from that error (depending on you agreeing to that) this book is an absolute treasure that no Graphic Designer should be without. Really well done, it utilizes transparent sheets that fit on top of the diagrams and images to explain how the composition was built. I can't stress how good this book is, pick it up from your library and I guarantee, you will come running back to purchase it.
on 10 August 2014
This book is one of the few that provides a great insight on the use of the golden section and other compositional techniques in design. I really recomend it to anyone that is interested in learning how to apply the divine proportion as an effective design method to produce pleasing designs.
on 16 February 2004
As the title states, this book is more than ideal for anyone interested in geometry of design. From being a novice to the more mathamatically minded, the beauty of the Golden Section within nature is both fascinating and astounding. Combining this with the fact that we all intuitively abide by the rules of nature when making art or some grand deign, makes this book and subject one of the wonders of the world and maybe space too.
on 13 September 2009
A thorough piece of work and an excellent example of how things can be done when the author has properly researched a subject.
The concise and topical treatment of the subject makes for a compact format, allowing quick access to its concepts.