4.0 out of 5 stars Should be: Creating Web Sites for Dummies, 7 Oct. 1997
This review is from: HTML 3 For Dummies (Paperback)
If you are trying to learn HTML, this is a pretty good book. But if you are trying to learn to create your own web site, personal or commercial, then this is a GREAT book! The title is misleading; the book is better on the vagaries of web publishing than it is on the intricacies of markup. But either way, it's easy to understand and fun to read.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good book for a first approach, 27 Jan. 1998
This review is from: HTML 3 For Dummies (Paperback)
I have read HTML for dummies italian translation and I have found it really suitable for one who is not active in the subject. Nothwithstanding this, the first half of the book seems to me too slow if you are in hurry to acquaint the core of HTML programming.
Besides I have a remark about the tags alphabetical index, placed half of the book, allowing a wrong break in the reading. In my opinion, the right place to put such an index is after the end of the last chapter.
Finally, I have a complaint about the italian edition: there is no dictionary of computer terms in the book I have purchased !
I will add that I have read other "for dummies " books, and I have received a very positive general impression.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am comfortable with HTML in just 2 days... God is good..., 28 Jan. 1998
This review is from: HTML 3 For Dummies (Paperback)
I had no experience with HTML and purchased the book before I had reviewed any of the user comments. One user in particular had me concerned after my purchase but I decided to investigate for myself. I am very happy with my purchase. I am in the computer industry as an application developer and I felt that I was about to become extinct. Thanks for writing 'HTML for Dummies', a book that I has quickly placed me back in the race. As I read further, should I have any more comments, I will provide them. I am just heading into Chapter 5. Thanks again... Patricia

4.0 out of 5 stars This "for Dummies" book is an essential tool., 11 Nov. 1998
This review is from: HTML 3 For Dummies (Paperback)
After using a web-editing program for several months I decided to try this book. It certainly helps to understand how the program works and what its limitations are. Even if you only have "Notepad" or some other simple text editor, this book will have you writing pro web pages in no time.

HTML For Dummies
HTML For Dummies by Tittel (Paperback - 25 May 1995)
Used & New from: £0.01