4.0 out of 5 stars Good story as long as you read the first book.
Published on 23 July 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical Nora Roberts, entertaining.
Published on 8 July 1998

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story as long as you read the first book., 23 July 1998
By A Customer
Ms. Roberts furthers the mystery surrounding the death of the Quinn patriarch and the origins of the young boy he was trying to adopt. I am not sure the book would work as well for anyone who had not read Sea Swept. She has left a lot of items that will need to be tied up in the final book. Seth grows as a character and while Ethan and Grace's love story was foreshadowed in the first book of the trilogy, Ms. Roberts still manages to throw in a few suprises. Ms. Roberts does an excellent job of presenting the male viewpoint in these books and I am looking forward to the next book in the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars great family story, 4 Sep 2011
This is the second in the series about the Quinn family. It follows on from Sea Swept. It is the story of Ethan the quiet thinker of the family who stayed home and worked the sea. Ethan's dream of a boat building business helps the family overcome the problems that would prevent the three young men having legal guardianship of Seth. Ethan has had many similar problems to
Seth and his early childhood still influences his life. Can he use this to help Seth? Characters are lovely and the plot, a continuation of Sea Swept, is a warm and funny one. Well worth reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.!!!, 26 July 1998
By A Customer
Rising Tides is the best of all the novels I have read so far. This is a book full of whirlwind emotions and the best casting of characters I have ever read about.Ethan is my kind of hero. He's always there for Seth and he is unbearably sweet. My heart ached for him when he told about his past. Grace was the strong yet fragile heroine. She has an appearance of a flower and the will that is strong and steady as a rock. As for Seth, in this book, he slowly grew up in this book. He wasn't the silent and wary young boy in Seaswept. He started acting more like a normal ten-year old, whining and playing with friends. But there are still traces of his past in him. I hope that by Inner Harbor, Seth will be able to act like a normal ten-year old without any fear of the past. I will never forget this trilogy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nora Roberts continues to get better., 14 Feb 2003
By A Customer
I've just finished the hardback version of this book and I can't wait to get my hands on the third book "Inner Harbour", which is Phillips story. This one was Ethan's story, he went through a horrendous childhood, to put it mildly, and Grace too, the female protagonist went through certain hardships. This is what I like about this series, is that both the male and female leads so far, went through a rough background and are able to pull through it together, it also shows that appearances are deceptive. I love the fact that we still get to read about the other couples in the book, because I think that that is one of the reasons that draws you into the book and it's nice to know that the battle they are facing is not over and is ongoing, it continues to make you wonder how it is all going to end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well written, believable story, leaves you smiling, 30 Nov 1998
By A Customer
Nora Roberts does a wonderful job of making the reader a part of the small sea side town on the Eastern Shore. The characters are belivable and dynamic and you learn them very well. There are no gaps left to be filled. This is a story of two people who are dealing with their own deamons but at the same time yearning for each other. Grace and Ethan belong to the other in their hearts but have never spoken the words. Neither one knows about the other's secret love until a very insightful sister-in-law plans to get them together. This is not all story book, there are some bumps along the way. Does the single mom and the man that was once a street wise kid end up together? You have to read and find out. I read the book in 3 days. Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 1/2 stars....Better than the first.., 12 July 1998
By A Customer
I'm not unbiased since I'll buy any book with Nora Robert's name on the cover. I enjoyed Ethan's story more than Cam's....Ethan had endured crimes against himself as a child that made him believe he's not worthy of love, a family, children as an adult. At the same time he's pulled by a younger brother who needs him, his father's suspicious death, a new and old business and the woman he's wanted for years. This is a man who could have been destroyed by his past, and he's certainly been deeply wounded, but he has survived, stronger, perhaps kinder, certainly more introspective, because of it. His insecurities reminded me of Eve Dallas in the J.D.Robb series. Nora Robert's just gets better and better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Typical Nora Roberts, entertaining., 8 July 1998
By A Customer
I really like this series, I read the second book immediately on release. (Sorry Amazon, I couldn't wait for your database update!) Ethan is more likeable than Cam in Sea Swept, must be that strong, silent type thing. I really liked Grace, she is very much a normal, just-like-you-and-me character. Seth is coming right along, much more quickly and simply than he would in real life, I think. Entertaining, a fast read, not as good as the "Born in.." series, but I still recommend it for Nora Roberts fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nora Roberts regains my respect, 27 Aug 1998
By A Customer
I have loved Nora's books - even when she wrote under another name, but I was so totally disappointed with Sanctuary that I vowed never to buy another of her books! AND THEN..... my daughter gave me Rising Tides, the sequel to another of my favorites Sea Swept. I loved it and found it even better than the Sea Swept. Yes, I'll buy INNER HARBOR and like one of the other reviewers, I hope she changes her mind and lets us hear about Seth when he grows up too.

5.0 out of 5 stars You really cannot wait for the next one!!, 8 July 1998
By A Customer
When I first read Sea Swept book #1 I could hardly hold my breath for the next one, and again Nora Roberts lives up to her name. You learn more about the lives of the three brothers and what circumstances they were adopted under. Why each one is seeing their father and what is going to happen to Seth. I bought the book and did not put it down untill I finished it at 3a.m. I can hardly wait for the final instalment. END

5.0 out of 5 stars The Quinn Brothers Trilogy is a compassionate series., 28 July 1998
By A Customer
Having read the first two books of this trilogy I can hardly wait for the third. This series is a terriffic story of how good people can make a difference in this sometimes horrific world. The story that is unfolding with each book has all the qualities an enjoyable story should. Along with the love lives of the Quinn Brothers there is also compassion & a great mystery.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Rising Tides (Chesapeake Bay, No. 2)
Used & New from: £0.01