4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Densho...worth getting? Yes I think so.
Published 9 months ago by Trevor Robinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Hatsumi - Swords
A disappointing book. Two stars given for the quality of printing and amount of pages - not for content!

Has no useful training techniques whatever.

To me, this book seems to be another attempt at validating his 'art', and an ego massage for Masaaki!

Doesn't contain any 'secrets' that aren't already in the public domain.

Browsed...
Published on 9 Oct. 2010 by Shigenobu

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a Densho...worth getting? Yes I think so., 18 May 2014
I got this on Amazon second hand for £8.99 (RR Price $35) in perfect order.I Had a look last night not a lot in it! page 18! before anything happens! what stud out was the large amount of out of focus and blurred snapshots I cannot call them pictures and too many black/white snapshots. it was a quick flip through and I have yet to read all the small amount of text but what I have read is good stuff.
I would not be happy if I had more than I did and some sellers are asking a ridicules amount for this book and like all his other books it will become a collectors item
There is interesting things in it Is it worth getting? Yes I think so.
on the Technical side there are some Kata near the back of the book. it you are not a martial artist and/or have no idea how to move in Tai-jutsu or understand what Kamae you are doing and have not actually trained in it then you will be lost. if you have and do understand this book is worth getting but it is not a Densho! but worth getting. look around for a good second hand one I got a perfect one.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth the wait, 12 July 2013
The book is exactly what it says it is, an introduction into the sword fighting techniques of a true master of the art of Japanese sword fighting, the book is well illustrated and although the construction is somewhat clumsy in places the lessons are clear. It gives the reader an understanding of the way of the samurai, further reading may include the book of five rings by musashi or for Hagakure's book of the samurai for a European perspective talhoffer's medieval combat guide may be of interest.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hatsumi - Swords, 9 Oct. 2010

Has no useful training techniques whatever.

Doesn't contain any 'secrets' that aren't already in the public domain.

Browsed through it - won't read it!

Japanese Sword Fighting: Secrets of the Samurai
Japanese Sword Fighting: Secrets of the Samurai by Masaaki Hatsumi (Hardcover - 27 Aug. 2013)