5.0 out of 5 stars Richard Webster does splendidly again!
Published on 25 Mar. 2009 by Ann J. Pearson

1.0 out of 5 stars Pop pscyhology meets carnival spiritualism. Beware!
Published on 27 Oct. 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Richard Webster does splendidly again!, 25 Mar. 2009
Ann J. Pearson "Ann Pearson" (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spirit Guides and Angel Guardians: Contact Your Invisible Helpers (Paperback)
I recommend this book very highly indeed! Webster is an 'angel expert' (I'm now looking forward to getting his newly published Encyclopaedia on the subject)and I found his section on angels and their history most interesting. Equally useful and interesting should be his suggestions for methods of getting in touch with one's spirit guides. I haven't had time yet to try them all properly, but I defy anyone to be defeated by all his methods. He writes very readably and enjoyably as well. And if by any chance you are sceptical about the existence of these spirits, reading this book should finally convince you that we believers are not completely mad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Spirit Guides & Angel Guardians, An excellent book to read, 5 Jun. 2012
This is an excellent book to read if you need comfort or find some confidence in solving a problem you might have, it gives you hope. I never knew what to think about angels but since reading this book I do believe they are there with us. I have tried a few things on what Richard Webster, the author has stated to do and it seems to have worked for me, solved my problem or gave me comfort, peace of mind and confidence that what I wanted to happen did, you just have to be patience and believe, some things may happen quicker than others depending on what you ask for. Thank you Richard Webster for sharing your experiences and views and giving me hope and comfort in solving problems I might have had.

For buyers out there who are thinking of purchasing this book, I recommend buying it, it does as it says in the book, it works, just be patience and confident,things come to those who wait, as they say

1.0 out of 5 stars Pop pscyhology meets carnival spiritualism. Beware!, 27 Oct. 1998
By A Customer
Having had an intense interest in angels and spirit guides, and having done considerable work with them over the past 5 years, I eagerly picked up Webster's book. Sad to say, I couldn't even finish his section on the angel guardians - it was so poorly written and lacking in substance. The subject is not one which lends itself to a "Cliff Notes" treatment - the reader would be better served by picking up Silver Raven Wolf's "Angels - Companions in Magic," from which Webster quotes in his own book! Ms. Raven Wolf is a true angelologist and her working knowledge of angels is second to none. Webster's treatment of the subject of spirit guides fares no better. He begins this section with an abidged history of the spiritualist movement in the 19th century. Webster focuses on the events surrounding the notorious Fox sisters of New York, but conveniently omits one very crucial fact about them: they recanted their so-called spirit guides and admitted to creating a hoax from the beginning! It is appalling that an author would so manipulate facts to bolster his theories and present them as gospel truth. Frankly, I found his treatment of seances, spirit contact, and the like to be outright dangerous - Webster apparently has been lucky and has never encountered truly malevolent spirits - READER BEWARE! This is not a parlor game - nor should contact with the spirit world be undertaken with such a capricious manner. I will credit Webster with some nice, easy relaxation techniques - but I would seriously discourage anyone from indulging in past life regressions unless they are firmly grounded in their metaphysical beliefs and have control of their psychic powers. Those wishing to seriously study the phenomena of spirit guides should consult "Spirit Guides" by Iris Belhayes - a much better and safer treatment of the subject. Webster may be an expert on feng shui and other occult subjects, but I could not, with good conscience, recommend this book to any one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book with some useful exercises, 19 July 2014
Iona Main Stewart (Odense, Denmark) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
The author has penned many books on related ”occult” subjects. I found this one ok, but not brilliant. I didn’t get to contact any angels or spirit guides, but I did feel a shift in that I now feel I can and eventually will obtain contact with these, and that is a good start.

The book is divided into two parts, the first on angel guardians and the second on spirit guides. In Part One we are provided with information about the history of angels and about seven Archangels. These are Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Raguel, Sariel and Remiel. I missed Ariel. Metatron is also mentioned. He was originally a human being, Enoch, who was transformed into an angel. The author refers to him as “King of the Angels”. We’re also told about the “Queen of Angels”. The Virgin Mary. This must be the one I know as Mother Mary, but Webster doesn’t mention this appellation.

We are given useful instructions on how to invoke the Archangels.

We’re told that our guardian angels will communicate to us through our thoughts and feelings, our intuition and our dreams. Though I’ve asked many times, I have never seen or heard from my guardian angel in my dreams. I did once in my youth get a sudden knowing of something I had to do, which I did, and this turned out to save my life and that of others too. This was perhaps my guardian angel, though I didn’t know that at the time.

One chapter that I didn’t appreciate was about how to create your guardian angel if you can’t contact it by the other methods mentioned. The author suggested that angels were just thoughtforms and therefore we could create one. This may be so, but I didn’t like the idea. I like to regard the angels as real.

We learn which Archangels correspond to our star signs. Michael rules over Aries, Leo and Sagittarius, Gabriel over Cancer, Scorpio and Pisces, Raphael over Gemini, Libra and Aquarius, and Uriel over Taurus, Virgo and Capricorn. The author gives us four methods by which to call the Archangels to us. He doesn’t suggest that these also are thought forms, but I expect he thinks they are, since they also are angels,

He provides us with a prayer by which we can help heal others. It reads “May the healing power of Jesus Christ descend upon (person’s name) and may the holy angels encompass him (or her)”. This prayer activates Raphael and the other healing angels to come to the person’s aid.

Part One contains several additional interesting chapters, including one on creating an angel altar.

In Part Two of the book we learn about spirit guides, which the author tells us are people who have passed over into the next life. They are here to help and guide us when we ask for advice. We should ask for help only when it is really necessary.

Spirit guides are usually, but not always, deceased relatives. I feel it would be nice to know who these are, and how many we have.

Much information is provided about spiritualism, including about the Fox sisters and the famous medium Daniel Dunglas Home.

A chapter about ways to contact spirit guides contains sections about planchettes and Ouija boards, automatic writing, table-tipping, using a pendulum, etc.I would mention that in other books we are warned about using ouija boards for fear of picking up negative spirits. (In my youth I had a friend who did so, and couldn't get rid of it.) I will try automatic writing again myself.

In automatic writing the pen “moves over the page directed by a power other than the conscious mind of the person holding it”.

I did find this book worth reading, but just not particularly exciting. The author provides various useful exercises and pieces of advice which could help us in our quest for contact with our angel guardians and spirit guides,

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok book, 11 May 2013
Lfranklin "my5tical" (South Wales) - See all my reviews
Not a bad book for the money though I can't say I had any success in trying the things he suggests and they are nothing new or exciting and the section on ouija boards etc was pretty basic and I have never had any success at all with them but if you are a complete beginner it is worth a look

5.0 out of 5 stars Spiritulism Explained, 2 July 1998
By A Customer
Spirit Guides and Angel Guardians goes deep into the heart of our soul, and helps the reader understand and experience "higher" beings. The book is written that the layman who has no knowledge of Spiritulism will enjoy it as much as a guru on the subject. With the information presented in the book you can ask simple and complex questions to you angels and guides and get immediate responses to better your life. Richard Webster uses personal stories, accounts and history to make the book a joy to read. What you get out of this book is the ability, through our angels and guides, to have peace, prosperity and happiness in the beautiful world around us.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, 2 Sept. 2013
this is a book that one must try to understand about angels and spirit being, if one is interested in contacting their spirit guide this is a book to help them what they need to know

5.0 out of 5 stars Another good read, 9 Jun. 2013
Another good read if you are interested in this stuff. Easily read and I'm still thoroughly enjoying the book over and over

3.0 out of 5 stars great read but, 1 Jun. 2013
the book was great only thing was the cover was different to cover i was lead to belive i was getting, i did not see in the produt info about the cover may be different otherwise great book

5.0 out of 5 stars do you believe in angels, 3 Oct. 2013
S. R. Sutton "phoenix" (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
i BELIEVE IN GUARDIAN ANGELS AND THIS IS WHY, READING THIS BOOK REALLY INSPIRED A FRIEND TO WRITE HER BOOKS

Spirit Guides and Angel Guardians: Contact Your Invisible Helpers
Spirit Guides and Angel Guardians: Contact Your Invisible Helpers by Richard Webster (Paperback - 18 May 1998)