5.0 out of 5 stars I would highly reccommend this book!
Published on 12 Jan. 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Tread carefully here, my sisters...
Published on 11 Jan. 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars I would highly reccommend this book!, 12 Jan. 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Celtic Woman's Spirituality: Accessing the Cauldron of Life (Paperback)
This book was not only educational about the Celtic woman's way of life, but also explored how this history can change a modern woman's way of life for the better. I think that this book has a lot to offer any woman who is interested in her own spiritual development, whether she is pagan, or just open minded. I found this book to be very inspiring. There are very few books that combine Celtic and woman's spirituality, and I would love to see more. I think Edain McCoy did a fantastic job of exploring this new and exciting topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well written and informative, 13 Aug. 2012
Paula Ward "Hearth Witch" (Milton Keynes England) - See all my reviews
I love this book and will be refereing to it often. Well written and informative you are taken on a journey that will teach you about the Celtic Woman within you.
Meditation's, rituals and exercises are all here for you to try and use. Celtic Womens Spirituality is deeper than you think and written in such a way that you want to read on, it make you think about your spirituality. Solitary rituals are here along with rituals for two or more. A good way to learn about Celtic spiritualty.I use this along with the book on the Morrigan The Dark GoddessCeltic Lore & Spellcraft of the Dark Goddess: Invoking the Morrigan between the two I have a good working path.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tread carefully here, my sisters..., 11 Jan. 1999
By A Customer
Three stars for the Triple Goddess only, and NOT for the author! Can I grab Edain McCoy by her collar and shake her a few times? As an academic historian of Ireland and Irish people, I am always appalled at the way some authors toss around the word "Celtic"--as if all of the tribes existed in pure harmony with each other. Edain, you've heard of the Welsh, the Manx, the Bretons, the Scots, the Gallicians? "Celtic" is almost as impossible to define as American. At any rate, it's my thought that the author and publisher thought to take advantage of pliable minds subsceptible to, let's call it, Celtic Faery Magic. Preying on the weak is not a "Celtic" trait.
As for McCoy, I wonder that she finds herself authority enough to become the author of--what? Two dozen books, maybe?--on roughly the same subject. Her tradition of Witta, which is supposedly Irish Witchcraft, is pure fantasy. I would recommend that skeptical readers looking for tight information look elsewhere--after all, this book could very well be a flight of fancy too. Cheers.

Celtic Woman's Spirituality: Accessing the Cauldron of Life
Celtic Woman's Spirituality: Accessing the Cauldron of Life by Edain McCoy (Paperback - 30 April 1998)
Used & New from: £2.15