5.0 out of 5 stars I can see clearly now, whenever I want
Published on 16 April 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much instruction padded out with Celebz.
As the title implies, there is not very much to seeing auras, so much of the book deals with Mark's encounters with high-profile groups, like the Kennedys.
Other book invite you to respect the privacy of others before you go examining their Auras, while the Author has no such qualms, which risks being an invasion of people's minds.
There are some nuggets of gold...
Published 17 months ago by Paul P White

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I can see clearly now, whenever I want, 16 April 1999
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
What used to be thought of as optical illusion when I'd see auras by chance, is now a common occurance and easy to do, thanks to this book. If you doubt it, just stand someone against a white wall, and get them to rock slightly from side to side, breath deeply, and relax. You will see the energy field around the body when you look past the outline of the body, and concentrate on the white wall behind the person. The "halo" is different from person to person, but I can see it clearly now on everyone, whenever I want.

5.0 out of 5 stars All things have an Aura, and they can be measured and seen, 11 Jun 1999
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
There can be no doubt that we all have auras, which have been seen for thousands of years, measured for 60 or so since Kirlian first did it in Russia, and now seen with the naked eye. Humans just happen to have the most complex fields, and that is why they change from moment to moment. Plants have them too, and they can be seen as more subtle and stationary, until you put something like a magnet (or a glass of red wine) near their field, and then you will see a change. Even inanimate objects have them, but they are seen to be totally stationary, never changing. Science can now measure auras as electro-magnetic energy that is outside the body. Some people who claim to be healers can be measured exuding up to 80 Volts for several seconds at a time. These tests have been conducted repeatedly at the Menniger Institute in Kansas, as well as The National Institute of Health in Maryland, and no serious scientist who looks at the results can question the veracity of these things. Do we know what this "energy" is totally? No. Does that mean the energy, whatever it is, doesn't exist? No. It can also be felt! What proved to me that seeing auras are not an optical illusion, was the fact that no two human auras appeared the same. When the author gives demonstations at bookstores, I've seen all types of different shapes, sizes, and intensities, as different people stood up to be seen. Although I can't say I saw color as intensely as some people did, when I did see a color, it was the same color as other people reported, and I came to that determination before other people said anything. Since that time, there have been several opportunities to see different people ( at church, in lectures, and at school) that have helped strengthen this natural ability everybody seems to have. I've even taught my wife, who was very skeptical at first, to see auras, and she sees colors much better now than I do! This book is very well written, and the information contained within is the most clear and concise on the subject that I'm aware of, and if you want to learn how to see the aura, this is the best place to start. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars For a "true sckeptic", this is a real "eye opener"!, 10 Dec 1998
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
I work for a computer/info-tech company, and am very "left brain" oriented. So imagine my surprise when one of my co-workers showed me how to see an aura RIGHT THERE IN THE OFFICE! She showed me this book which I now have. I've got to say it is well written, even though I would like to see more explanation of WHY we can see this energy field. But the author may address that at a later date. As for me... I'm now a believer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very "illuminating" and fun to read !, 27 Feb 1998
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
I can finally see the aura. Now I know what all the fuss is about. This is easy and it's great fun. Everybody has one, and they all look different. Colors took more than a minute, but everybody I show can see the energy field in less than a minute, if you follow the author's instructions.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much instruction padded out with Celebz., 9 May 2013
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
There are some nuggets of gold in it, such as a breath control technique to get energised.
There's no particular reason to own this book, just get it out ot the library, learn the technique and return it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but not great, 17 April 2011
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
Ive just finished reading this book and have to say I have a very mixed review of it. I found parts of the book excellent very informative and well written, but then found other parts very boring and almost slightly irrelevant. For example ill be honest im not really interested in what celebrities aura's look like, how does this benefit me in my spiritual development? well it doesn't! so I did miss chunks of the book out as I just didn't see the point of them. I also think the author likes the sound of his voice or pen as it were! as again i missed large chunks of text as they simply consisted of the authur voicing his own opinions rather than presenting the reader with actual useful and relevant information. AS someone else pointed out I was also dissappointed that there wern't more aura exercises, plus in the diagram of the chakra's he has some of the corresponding colours completely wrong! I have heard of the base, sacral and solar plexus chakra being slightly different colours but I have never seen the heart chakra referred to as being yellow?! this is always green or pink, the throat chakra being green? this is always blue and the crown chakra is always gold/white and not purple! Although I have to say that I absolutely know we all have aura's and so does every other object in the world living and inanimate as everything is made up of energy and i have amnaged to see an aura thanks to this book! so hay it wasn't all bad!

3.0 out of 5 stars Auras - see them in only 60 seconds, 10 Dec 2009
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
I was expecting more exercises and background knowledge with this book. Although it does contain some exercises, some of it, particularly the latter chapters are recollections of meetings with the rich and famous, and how such prestige can appear in the auric field. Good book as a basic introduction I guess, but clearly the proof of such a claim can only be proven through individual practice. I prefer the work of Ted Andrews who includes more practical exercises with his teachings, and more background knowledge of the different energy fields around us.

5.0 out of 5 stars The book is good, Smith in person is great!, 18 Feb 1999
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
I heard him on the Art Bell show, which prompted me to read the book,( I do see blue and yellow on some people), and then I saw him give a lecture at a book signing here in Denver, and he was most informative, and came across as very sincere. I not only recommend that you buy the book, SEE HIM if he comes to your part of the world. He is going to have another book out soon on how to "FEEL THE AURA" which he did a little of when I saw him. This is really interesting stuff, and EVERYBODY he "worked on" felt something. Maybe he's just very magnetic or something, but if I can learn to send and recieve this energy myself, I'll be really blown away. I can hardly wait till the next book comes out!

5.0 out of 5 stars It really WORKS!!!, 21 Oct 2009
This review is from: Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! (Paperback)
Well, I can't believe that one book can actually help me see colours of people's auras. I can see mine. It's yellow. For once, I got lucky and was able to see an orangey red outer layer as well. I can also see those of my lecturers, most of them have blue auras as they teach, one of those is a female guest speaker and she had a green aura at that time. I didn't see my own aura in 60 seconds, but as a book, I consider it being able to live up to its claims.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds!
Auras: See Them In Only 60 Seconds! by Mark Smith (Paperback - 21 Aug 1997)