5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring
Published on 1 Feb 2005 by Paul Agar

3.0 out of 5 stars A little useful information...
My problem with this book is that the author seems to confuse true astral projection with daydreaming and other things. There will be no doubt in your mind when you project as to whether it is real or not, because it will feel just as real as being awake on the physical plane - there's no mistaking it.
But the book does have useful information in it, and some...
Published on 24 Jun 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars inspiring, 1 Feb 2005
Paul Agar (England (newcastle)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Astral Projection for Beginners (For Beginners (Llewellyn's)) (Paperback)
Edain mccoy is one of my favourite authors and i found this book to be very inspiring, what i liked about this book was that she explains her own personal experiances in the astral realm were I have found that other authors have simply explained what other people have experianced. the book was spicific and loved her exploration of the tatwass symbols. she talks about spirit guides but the chapter I seemed to read over and over again was travel safety and conquering fear. where she explains people possible fears, like getting lost, or encoutering astral beings she also talks about the lower and higher planes of the astral world.
Best book on astral projection ever :o)

3.0 out of 5 stars A little useful information..., 24 Jun 1999
By A Customer
But the book does have useful information in it, and some good techniques. It also contains a lot of information on overcoming fears, which is a very important step in projection. I recommend that if you're going to get this book, you should have some background in what is and what isn't projection, so you don't get confused when reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 2 Jan 2013
Some useful tips on this subject and how to protect yourself before during and after travelling. Also some tips in how to start.

1.0 out of 5 stars left book halfway through, 12 Sep 2012
Emsii (Isle of Wight) - See all my reviews
you want a book to scare you off astral travel? well...this is it. by the time you read of you getting lost and dropping into the underworld and you should arm yourself with fire. Oh my God, id already got myself in a worried state already visualising fighting baddies with my flaming sword. a friend told me to 'put that rubbish away' and i did. glad i did. astral travel is a wonderful experience without needing people writing scaring the wits out of you. i wont even give this to a charity shop as i wouldnt want another poor soul getting hold of it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Really What I Was Looking For, 7 Aug 2010
Tazz Rainbow (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I bought this book many years ago and for some reason I just couldn't get into it and just felt repelled by it for some reason. I finally had a proper look at it as I was culling my book collection and had a good read. I still can't really put my finger on why I don't like it. I guess part of me feels it's a bit fluffy and I don't really feel it's adequate for me to use only this to begin astral projection. One sentence really ruffled my feathers also. She mentioned that anger is a negative emotion. I highly disagree and I don't like that I should feel that I'm being negative if I am angry. Anger can be very positive and have positive results. I understand that she meant for the purpose of not attracting lower beings but I just found I didn't like her preaching to other people that anger is a bad thing. I understand she is very skilled and has many years of experience, I just don't think her teachings are for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars taught me a thing or two......, 7 Feb 2007
Although I've studied & practised Magick/Wicca/Paganism for over 20 years, this is the first book by Edain McCoy that I have read. I was most impressed! She writes with passion & authority in an easy to read fashion.

There is a wealth of information in these pages & I found an affinity with the author as a lot of her experiences parallelled my own. I did learn a lot from this volume even though I'm an old hand in the Occult stakes. I will be seeking out other books by this prolific author. I recommend this book to all who desire to project. Good, entertaining & interesting reading!

4.0 out of 5 stars Practical, empowering, valuable, and unique..., 25 Mar 1999
By A Customer
This book offers techniques which enable one to penetrate, first-hand, "non-ordinary" realms of creation. Practical, empowering, valuable, and unique.

ARRAY(0xb3ca95b8)

Astral Projection for Beginners (For Beginners (Llewellyn's))
Astral Projection for Beginners (For Beginners (Llewellyn's)) by Edain McCoy (Paperback - 26 Mar 1999)
12.50