5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding follow-up to an outstanding book!
Published on 12 May 2000

1.0 out of 5 stars A one-sided view, does not go far enough, Modi's work is bet
The information presented in this book about the so-called spirit world is actually describing the astral reality - the 'Middle Place' as our Gnostic ancestors referred to it - where 'lost souls' end up, and how they are 'reincarnated' as per the wishes of the Archons or Astral lords who control this reality. The information presented here has nothing to do with the true...
Published on 25 Sep 2003 by gnostic1000@yahoo.com

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding follow-up to an outstanding book!, 12 May 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives (Paperback)
In Destiny of Souls, Michael Newton once again takes us to the spirit world in a way no other author has done. And it is hard to put into words the effect his books can have on a reader. One simply has to read them. And discuss them with others... Destiny of Souls not only elaborates on what was covered in Journey of Souls, but covers new topics such as ghosts, dreamweaving, animal souls, recreational activities in the spirit world, and fun classes one can take--such as "How To Create White Mice." If you have rigid views about religion, about heaven, about life and death--Destiny of Souls is not for you. If you believe in love, in hope, in spirit guides, in soul groups, in laughter, in reincarnation, in taking full resposibility for your life--read Destiny of Souls, as well as Journey of Souls. They are without a doubt two of the most truly intriguing metaphysical books available today.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quantitative and Qualitative - profoundly life changing. A precise description of reincarnation., 8 July 2006
Dr. P. Chadha "Soul sikher" (Harrow, London, England) - See all my reviews
Starting off as a sceptic, having been scientifically trained (and indoctrinated) with a PhD in Chemistry I began a journey some seven years ago having been hit by a personal trauma.

In this journey I leant about spirituality, the concept of souls, their purpose in life, love, healing and got some understanding of why bad things happen to good people.

I have found lot of books and teachers along the way but none affected me as profoundly or deeply as Michael Newton's two books Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls.

The reasons are simple the books are more clear, easy to understand and precise (almost scientific in their explanation) about a subject that always seems a bit foggy when written about by psychics. Journey of Soul is compulsive can't put down reading and helps explain why bad things happen.

Final note I strongly suggest you do not read Destiny of Souls before Journey of Souls, as it is a lot more detailed and at times even tough to read, especially as the concepts will be unfamiliar.

5.0 out of 5 stars A thorough exposition of the afterlife, 3 Feb 2011
Iona Main Stewart (Odense, Denmark) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I have not read Newton's preceding book "Journey of Souls" so I can't compare it with the one under review.

In this book the author recounts how he places his clients under deep hypnosis, guides them to the spirit world between lives, and there interviews them about their experiences.

The book goes into more detail about the spiritual plane than any other book I have read on the subject, including those by Dolores Cannon.

Newton covers various subjects, such as techniques used by the souls to comfort their bereaved partners and family members, including entering into their dreams; ghosts (who are mostly obsessively attached to places, people and events where they can't let go); discarnates who visit Earth; regenerating damaged souls, and so on and so forth.

There is always a part of the soul that remains in the spirit world. Highly developed souls, especially, often underestimate the percentage of soul energy they need to take with them into the body and thus run into problems.

One piece of information that was completely new to me was that the body, apparently, as far as I understand, has a strong consciousness and can act counter to the intentions of the soul and thus cause problems for the latter. I must admit I don't understand this matter adequately and feel it could have been explained even further and better.

There was also for me new information about the birthing of souls. Here is a quote: "My soul was created out of a great irregular cloudy mass. I was expelled as a tiny particle of energy from this intense, pulsating bluish, yellow and white light...." The new souls are taken care of by special helpers and given the "love hug". The soul is brought to an awareness of its existence. Each soul is unique.

We learn about cluster groups, the spiritual learning centre. the life books library, and much agout the colour spectrum of spiritual auras. The primary core colours indicate the stage of overall development, but "certain souls carry secondary colours .... called halo colours".

A chapter describes the Council of Elders, to which we are summoned for evaluation in two occasions. We are asked how we feel about major episodes in our live and our courses of action. Some of the Elders bear medallions with images designed to remind us of significant episodes from our lives. Sunjects mention the "overwhelming" feeling of a higher force called "the Presence" which they feel to be perhaps not God but deified entities with capabilities superior to those in the council. This higher force influences council meetings.

In a subsequent chapter the subject of primary soulmates, companion soulmates and affiliated souls is discussed. But not everything occurring in the spirit world is serious, there are also numerous recreational activities for those interested in these.

Newton goes into great depth in his study of the spirit world, the information being absolutely comprehensive but not always easy to digest.

There are many levels of soul development, and one thing I realized from the book was that I am not myself as spiritually advanced as I had thought, and perhaps not spiritually advanced at all (ha, ha!) - everything is relative.

There is a screening room of future lives so we can get a taste of what is in store for us, and choose between various bodies. In some cases you might choose a body that will die young, and have several choices also as regards manner of death.

One thing I can say is that with all the talk of what may happen at the end of 2012, the Shift or the ascension into the fourth or even fifth dimension, and all the uncertainty connected with this, this book had a very relaxing effect on me. Even if I don't make the ascension but my body dies at this time, there is absolutely no cause for worry - the spirit world is an extremely loving and comforting place to visit.

I would strongly recommend that you read this book if you're at all interested in the nature of our stay in the spirit world.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to put Life into context, and into a new perspective., 31 Aug 2001
J. Philip Magnier "PMagnier" (Galway Ireland) - See all my reviews
I am not a fan of hypnotherapy, but the tone, the case studies, and the low-key insightfulness of the writing in this book led me to believe in the authenticity of the "reporting".

It's a book to enable you to place pain, anger, challenges, in a wider context. We choose to be here and to live our current lives: it's not just a paying off of karmic debt.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reading Destiny of Souls has changed the way I live my life., 24 May 2001
By A Customer
Once I had started to read Destiny of Souls I found that I was unable to put it down. I was exhilarated by what was revealed by the between life regressions. The consistency of the information being passed on was astounding and I truly felt that somehow I knew that this was why we were here. I can now live my life with no fear of my or anyone else's death, which means I can now live my life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely essential, 13 Aug 2000
By A Customer
Michael Newton's two books, Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls, are out of this world, although they do include this world as well! Newton's work is some of the most important to emerge in the last few decades, and his books ought to be read by anybody who is at all interested in why we are here and what life is all about. If you buy only one book this year, let it be one of Newton's books! (And once you've read one of them, you'll want to read the other).

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book - sequel to 'Journey of Souls', 17 Mar 2012
K. P. Borley "Little-bit-of-bread-and-no-cheese" (Battlesbridge, England.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
There are a plethera of 'spiritual' books on the shelves at the moment and it's often hard to decide which one to go for next. I would most certainly recommend both Journey of Souls and Destiny of Souls, not only for people interested in reincarnation (if you are then they are a must) but for anyone who is interested in spirituality. Why? Well they are fascinating. From the off you are gripped with accounts from people who have spent time 'between lives' and this continues to the end. You will discover what happens to a person's soul at the time of death, who meets you, guides, soul mates, life reviews, how we plan future lives, signposts that we put in place, life purposes, different soul types, how past lives can affect our present life, and much more - like I said, fascinating. Michael Newton comes across as someone who is absolutely genuine, and these book are written very well making for easy reading. They are not complicated (like some books can be) and certainly not the run-of-the-mill stuff that you seem to read over and over again nowadays in different spiritual books. They are truly original, uniquely written and easy to follow. The author reveals details obtained through hypnotic regression of his subjects which sheds light on their current life by discovering about their past lives and time between lives. I have had past life regression sessions myself using Michael Newton's techniques so I know that these accounts are genuine. A thoroughly enjoyable read. I have had my copy many years now and have read it several times over as it is so good. Highly recommended.
ps: to anyone who has not read 'Journey of Souls' read that first. To those that have already read 'Journey of Souls' then 'Destiny of Souls' is basically carrying on from that, giving more information about soul types and purposes, etc. If you enjoyed the first book you will enjoy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Facinating, 23 Aug 2004
By A Customer
I found this book to be an excellent read and would strongly recommend it to those who, like myself, feel drawn to the subject of the afterlife etc. After reading the first chapter I could not put the book down and, in fact, I have now started on the author's second book, Destiny of Souls. Very enlightening

5.0 out of 5 stars More life changing than the Bible, 2 April 2010
Helen Wise (Truro, England) - See all my reviews
Having read Journey of Souls first I couldn't wait to start this book. It didn't disapoint. Many of the questions raised from the first book for me were answered and my thirst for more knowledge continues. If you only believed 10% of what is written I think it would be impossible to remain unchanged as a person and in the way you view the world and relationships.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, but please read "Journey of Souls" first, 12 Feb 2010
Bob Lock (NE London, England) - See all my reviews
This really is an excellent book, but it is not ideal for the inexperienced reader.

If you are new to the subject... ie re-incarnation, past-life regression, and "life between lives" (LBL or "interlife") case studies... and have read very little else, then please read Michael Newton's earlier book "Journey of Souls" first.

Once you are comfortable with the whole process, as described through case studies, you can always come back to his later books... "Destiny of Souls" and "Memories of the Afterlife"... both of which I would recommend for the more experienced reader... but you really do need to read "Journey of Souls" first.

Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives
Destiny of Souls: New Case Studies of Life Between Lives by Ph.D. Michael Newton (Paperback - 10 May 2000)