5.0 out of 5 stars A powerful deck
As soon as I touched the box after opening the outer Amazon packing I felt the cards talking to me, I picked them up and now I can't put them down, I have many decks and this is one of my favourites, the cards are beautifully done, the images easy to understand and the link to the Tarot from the Celtic tarot is also easy to understand, as for the book that is brilliantly...
Published on 17 Dec 2000 by lellard22j@aol.com

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice cards to handle but images lacking
I use the tarot every day and my current deck was getting worn and a little weary so I decided to treat myself to something new. I found these to be popular on the aecletic forums and also getting good reviews here on Amazon.co.uk so I purchased them.

Published on 17 Mar 2011 by TheShopaholic

5.0 out of 5 stars This tarot is excellent!, 13 May 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Sacred Circle Tarot: A Celtic Pagan Journey (Paperback)
This tarot deck is brilliant. The reason I think this is because everything about it speaks to the subconscious, which is exactly what a tarot reader wants. The images are haunting and beautiful, but at the same time imperfect, playful and funny, just like the human mind. It somehow manages to amalgamate traditional ideas with a really good contemporary feel. It's a tarot deck which is dreamlike, not in an arty way, but like real, human dreams. Wonderful!!

5.0 out of 5 stars totally unlocks your intuitive awareness, highly symbolistic, 26 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This is definitely the one! The most beautiful deck I have ever owned! Highly researched, masterfully computer merged with pics & illustration for today's state of the art fortune-telling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pagans In Paradise, 7 May 2012
Miss W. Merrymoon "Willow Merrymoon" (West Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This fully-illustrated deck is extraordinarily beautiful. Franklin and Mason began this venture when they were fresh out of university, but then abandoned it as too big a project and it lay untouched for fifteen years. This deck is the result of a further two years collaboration and very hard work, bringing to us a stunning visual feast of the pagan path and way of life. The box for the cards is over-sized so there is room to wrap the cards up and still keep them inside it. The box is plain white apart from a border round the edge, thus giving the reader the opportunity to embellish it in any way that seems appropriate.

The book which accompanies the deck is also excellent, with plenty of information about each card, without being too overwhelming. Several spreads are described, including 'the Circle Spread', 'the Web Spread', and 'the Romany Spread'. There are also two chapters on using the Sacred Circle Tarot for meditation.

All the cards are on a black background. The titles of thirteen of the Major Arcana have been changed, e.g. 'the Fool' becomes 'the Green Man', 'the Hierophant' becomes 'the Druid', and 'Strength' becomes 'the Warrior'. The picture on the box is 'the Lady' ('the Empress') and is a good example of the standard of the artwork. Also, Franklin has altered the order slightly of some of the Major cards "to fit more closely with the theme of the deck". All of the cards show scenes of nature, including actual sacred places in England and Ireland, plus images of real people. The vibrant nature of the artwork is such that anyone who loves Mother Nature will have no trouble connecting with the cards.

The Minor Arcana cards are no less captivating. Each suit has it's own elemental border colour - Swords, yellow; Wands, red; Cups, lilac; Discs, green. At the top of each card is it's number and at the bottom a keyword. As with the Major Arcana, the Minor all have depictions of nature in her full glory.

I love this deck. You can feel the breeze caress your face, hear the rustle of leaves, smell the good earth, touch the flowers; and it makes me want to dance, to run, to play in the woods and dangle my feet in a stream.........it touches every bit of pagan in me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sared circle tarot......wow...wow....wow, 14 Mar 2010
I purchased this tarot set for a friend,she loves them,they emit energy as soon as you take them ffrom the box.
she done a reading for me and i was amazed at how accurate they were.The pictures are lovely and it connects the user with the earth and surroundiings in which they live...
These cards have confirmed to me that i need to change my life and concentrate on whats important to me
I would recomend these tarot cards to anyone interested in making thier lives more SPIRITUAL...
Paganism is the way forward in my opinion....bring it on....

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and spiritual cards, 3 Dec 2009
I only received these cards today and they are beautiful, they feel very spiritual, the cards feel alive

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice cards to handle but images lacking, 17 Mar 2011
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)

The card quality is excellent, the size just about right, not too big and not too small. The Major Arcana are delightful but I found some of the minor Arcana to be lacking in detail. Yes, the imagery is bright and some of them would look lovely blown up and framed but as for evoking psychic insight and intuitive interpretation, these are definitely lacking depth. The 5 of swords for instance, is simply 5 swords across the backdrop of an image of the Avebury Stone Circle. These are very basic images enhanced with nice scenery, which I felt brought nothing to the table with regards to meanings. For instance, the deck I use mainly, the Legacy of the Divine Tarot, Legacy of the Divine Tarot Deck (deck & book) by Ciro Marche is rich with imagery revealing interpretation without needing a guide or a book. Personally, I feel a tarot reader who sees a card of 5 pentacles and just reads it as per the standard text book meaning is losing out on a whole world of intuitive content. I often see things within my cards for certain readings which I do not see for others. With such simple imagery as 5 pentacles or 5 swords this would not be the case. I struggled to give a good in depth reading with these cards. The Majors are beautiful but the deck seems rushed, and the devotion of interpreting the meanings through images and colours lacking. After all, a picture speaks a thousand words!

You can learn a lot about paganism from the accompanying book, but that is not what these cards are for. Nice deck but not for me. Then I think Tarot is just like art, it is a very personal taste and to each his own.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will be a classic, 13 Feb 1999
By A Customer
I just received this beautifull deck. This is my second Tarot deck that I have purchased. The first Tarot deck I received was the celtic tartot by Courtney Davis. The Sacred Circle Tarot is much easier to read. The cards have little reminders on the top of each card, so they are easier to interpret. Also, the book that comes with the deck is in plain english, so it is easier to understand while learning the tarot. Not only is it one of the prettiest decks, but also very easy to understand.

4.0 out of 5 stars INTERESTING DECK, 17 July 2013
some nice illustrations-a bit off putting to know some of the images are of authors of these cards -a little to much of self importance for my liking but other then that I've had some very accruit reading from these cards.
I wonder if they have been updated a little bit better quality of card being used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning....., 11 April 2013
Mrs. M. L. Scurfield (UK) - See all my reviews
This Tarot set is absolutely Gorgeous!!! The artwork and imagery are beautiful, and they are so easy to work with. A wonderful set! Thank You.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning images, 16 Sep 2012
Not only is this deck visually stunning, but it is easy to use and accurate as well, and amply conveys the spirit of the Celtic tradition, though in a new and evocative way. Some digital decks suffer in that they are overly surreal, but that is not the case here, where the full spiritual import of the card meanings and the atmosphere of the sacred has been portrayed wonderfully. The order of the Major Arcana has been altered slightly to fit in with the authors' interpretation of the journey of the Fool through the major cards, but that doesn't cause problems as the archetypes are still recognisable (besides, many other tarot artists have played around with the ordering sequence, including Crowley). The images on the cards are beautiful, vibrant and mysterious...absolutely gorgeous!
The book which accompanies the deck is clear and informative, and the part devoted to explaining British Paganism is absorbing.

The Sacred Circle Tarot: A Celtic Pagan Journey
The Sacred Circle Tarot: A Celtic Pagan Journey by Anna Franklin (Paperback - 31 July 1998)
Used & New from: 2.70