5.0 out of 5 stars IF YOU BUY JUST ONE TAROT BOOK-BUY THIS ONE
I'm serious. This book is incredible. I have bought a ton of books on tarot that claimed to be for beginers and plain and simple. They ALWAYS left me confused. But not this one. It is really plain, I mean really easy to understand. I love the section on the use of numerology and astrology in the book as well. Truely opened my eyes, and a lot of the time I could be...
Published on 1 July 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Very complete - but maybe too much detail
There is loads and loads of detail in this book, which can be a bit confusing for a beginner. I also found the kindle edition difficult to use, as you can't flick the pages like a paper version. Would recommend if more in depth knowledge is required, but not as a book to interpret readings.
Published 15 months ago by Isabella Haynes

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tarot dictionary. BUT IT'S JUST THAT "A DICTIONARY", 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
If you're a beginner or an experienced tarot reader you'll find this book really helpful as it is what it says in the cover "Plain and Simple". With this book you don't really need to consult any other book for clarification or simply to get ideas and meanings. Nevertheless, as I said i the title, THIS IS ONLY A DICTIONARY, if you really want to make sense of the Tarot, communicate with your unconscious (and universal unconscious) and therefore understand THYSELF, you'd need a proper guide and inspiration. I would recommend to anyone interested in the Tarot as what it is, a tool of self-discovery (and not divination), to read Jodorowsky's "The Way of Tarot". He inspired me to start in this beautiful art. The tarot, together with Jodorowsky's own Psychomagic and Psychogenealogy disciples, helped me to realise the value of life and the creative way of self-healing.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant it really is... tarot plain & simple, 28 April 2009
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
i wish i had bought this book years ago as it would have saved me a fortune in money and endless hours of time reading many other often conflicting tarot books.
maddie

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST Tarot books out there!!!, 31 Mar 2009
L. Messenger - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I bought this Tarot book after I realised that the one that came with my set wasn't as reliable as it could be and I was amazed.

Each card is analysed in a fair amount of depth, explaining what the card means in a few words, some key words often associated with it, situation and advice that go with the card and people the card might represent. This is then repeated for the reverse card, which I thought impressive, because it goes into equal amount of detail.

Not only that, but the book also goes into a little about Tarot and Astrology, and Numerology. It has a section of some of the history of Tarot, as well as a few spreads and a large section giving you tips on how to interpret a spread.

The detail in this book is exquisite and is a must have for any Tarot-lover

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific introduction to the Tarot., 16 Aug 1998
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is clear, to-the-point, and extremely easy to use. Everyone interested in the Tarot should own a copy. Well done!

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight to read ... clear and illuminating, 24 Aug 1998
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I have read many books on the Tarot, but this one stands out for its clarity and erudition. Anyone starting on the road to Tarot would benefit from this fine guide. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant! The Best Tarot Guide Ever!, 22 Feb 2012
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
A friend ended up with 2 copies of this book and gave one to me to and it was the best present I ever got.
Most guide books on Tarot are very basic, general and vague which leads to making broad generalisations in readings.
THIS book is very detailed, with a brilliant amount of detail and it's quickly become an essential tool in my readings. The word lists associated with each card, occupations and common phrases are incredibly helpful in guiding a reader to some very specific information for the sitter. When I scan my eyes over the word lists, some words just jump out at me off the page, and I'm able to construct entire sentences to share with my sitter directly from them. The method used by the author to create these lists took over 2 years of daily dedication and it shows. He has created a truly unique guide to understanding and working with the Tarot and I've no doubt I will be buying further copies over the years as mine grows more battered and dog-eared with each passing day. Worth every penny! =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarot Plain and Simple, 21 Jun 2010
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I have just started to learn all about tarot and realise that there is a bit more to it than appears. The books I have read previously I found confused me more and I could not get started because of all the information you needed to take in. Tarot Plain and Simple is a very easy quick start to tarot. Since purchasing this book, I have done several spreads and am learning about what the cards mean. I can really recommend this book to anyone just starting out with tarot - or simply for a reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Begining tarot reading, 12 Jun 2010
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
We are fairly new to Tarot reading and we have found this book helpful and interesting and use it has our main guide to understanding the cards. I would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A GREAT STUDY TOOL AND USER GUIDE, 15 Sep 1998
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
NOT ONLY DOES HE USE ROBIN WOOD ILLUSTRATIONS IN HIS BOOK,HE DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB WRITING IT AS WELL.I RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY TO ANYONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific Tarot, 25 Oct 2012
Derek (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I am a professional Tarot reader. This book is the best I have read. It's the one I keep coming back to. The pages are packed full of information but it's simple and easy to understand. It has a clear layout, this makes the information you need ever so easy to find. This is a well written and charming book. It just FEELS good to use and to have.

Tarot Plain and Simple
Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis (Paperback - 25 Nov 1996)
12.07