5.0 out of 5 stars IF YOU BUY JUST ONE TAROT BOOK-BUY THIS ONE
I'm serious. This book is incredible. I have bought a ton of books on tarot that claimed to be for beginers and plain and simple. They ALWAYS left me confused. But not this one. It is really plain, I mean really easy to understand. I love the section on the use of numerology and astrology in the book as well. Truely opened my eyes, and a lot of the time I could be...
Published on 1 July 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Very complete - but maybe too much detail
There is loads and loads of detail in this book, which can be a bit confusing for a beginner. I also found the kindle edition difficult to use, as you can't flick the pages like a paper version. Would recommend if more in depth knowledge is required, but not as a book to interpret readings.
Published on 7 May 2013 by Isabella Haynes

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the BEST Tarot books out there!!!, 31 Mar. 2009
L. Messenger - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I bought this Tarot book after I realised that the one that came with my set wasn't as reliable as it could be and I was amazed.

Each card is analysed in a fair amount of depth, explaining what the card means in a few words, some key words often associated with it, situation and advice that go with the card and people the card might represent. This is then repeated for the reverse card, which I thought impressive, because it goes into equal amount of detail.

Not only that, but the book also goes into a little about Tarot and Astrology, and Numerology. It has a section of some of the history of Tarot, as well as a few spreads and a large section giving you tips on how to interpret a spread.

The detail in this book is exquisite and is a must have for any Tarot-lover

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!, 13 April 2008
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
This is most probably one of the best tarot books in the World. It is easy for beginners to understand, and as a reference book for experienced readers.

It goes into a lot of detail to explaining the cards, and spreads. It is very informative and any tarot deck can be used with this book.

It is a must have for any tarot reader out there. I wish I had found it sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant! The Best Tarot Guide Ever!, 22 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
A friend ended up with 2 copies of this book and gave one to me to and it was the best present I ever got.
Most guide books on Tarot are very basic, general and vague which leads to making broad generalisations in readings.
THIS book is very detailed, with a brilliant amount of detail and it's quickly become an essential tool in my readings. The word lists associated with each card, occupations and common phrases are incredibly helpful in guiding a reader to some very specific information for the sitter. When I scan my eyes over the word lists, some words just jump out at me off the page, and I'm able to construct entire sentences to share with my sitter directly from them. The method used by the author to create these lists took over 2 years of daily dedication and it shows. He has created a truly unique guide to understanding and working with the Tarot and I've no doubt I will be buying further copies over the years as mine grows more battered and dog-eared with each passing day. Worth every penny! =)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tarot Plain and Simple, 21 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I have just started to learn all about tarot and realise that there is a bit more to it than appears. The books I have read previously I found confused me more and I could not get started because of all the information you needed to take in. Tarot Plain and Simple is a very easy quick start to tarot. Since purchasing this book, I have done several spreads and am learning about what the cards mean. I can really recommend this book to anyone just starting out with tarot - or simply for a reference book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A terrific introduction to the Tarot., 16 Aug. 1998
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is clear, to-the-point, and extremely easy to use. Everyone interested in the Tarot should own a copy. Well done!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great way to build a foundation of knowledge., 20 Sept. 2010
G. Small - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
When I bought this, I was interested in the Jungian Archetypes aspect of Tarot. I was looking for a point of reference that would clearly explain the celtic cross layout, meanings of cards, associated phrases, personas and events linked to each one. This book gives a very easy to understand approach to card spreads and interpritations in the context of a specific question. It has helped me turn my cards into an effective tool for undrstanding my sub concious and true thoughts on a situation or person. This really is the first book you should invest in. The only tiny niggle is that it doesnt use the Rider Waite card illustration for each section, So I need to refer to the deck when focusing on a specific cards imagery.

5.0 out of 5 stars A delight to read ... clear and illuminating, 24 Aug. 1998
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I have read many books on the Tarot, but this one stands out for its clarity and erudition. Anyone starting on the road to Tarot would benefit from this fine guide. I recommend it highly.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant it really is... tarot plain & simple, 28 April 2009
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
i wish i had bought this book years ago as it would have saved me a fortune in money and endless hours of time reading many other often conflicting tarot books.
maddie

5.0 out of 5 stars WHAT A GREAT STUDY TOOL AND USER GUIDE, 15 Sept. 1998
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
NOT ONLY DOES HE USE ROBIN WOOD ILLUSTRATIONS IN HIS BOOK,HE DOES AN EXCELLENT JOB WRITING IT AS WELL.I RECOMMEND IT HIGHLY TO ANYONE.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite tarot books, 28 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Tarot Plain and Simple (Paperback)
I have read many books on tarot over the years. This was one of the first and I continually find myself coming back to it. So much so that I'm considering buying another copy for my kindle, so I can have it readily to hand. It is very simple and contains enough information for you to learn to read tarot. It's written well in easy to understand language. A good choice for a beginner.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

Tarot Plain and Simple
Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis (Paperback - 25 Nov. 1996)