5.0 out of 5 stars Reveals the visionary nature of Celtic archetypes.
Published on 27 Nov. 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful imagery.
I agree with all of the previous reviews about this deck but I do want to note one disappointment I found. The cards are not manufactured as thickly or solidly as all of my other decks. They are quite flimsy. I find I'm almost afraid to shuffle them as they might crease or bend permanently and distort the beautiful pictures.
Published on 7 Oct. 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Reveals the visionary nature of Celtic archetypes., 27 Nov. 1998
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
It is a wonderful thing that these three lovely ladies from Northern California were inspired to join forces to, so brilliantly and elegantly, create a work that invokes all the archetypes of ancient Celtic visionary wisdom at a time when so many people are interested in learning about the roots of ancient Celtic culture. Every picture and explanation lifts one into the realm of the visionary thus making the process of shapeshifting so simple to experience and better understand. It shows us that we do shapeshift all the time. When we pick up these cards and this book we are lead into a place in our own imaginations where we feel the expansion of our vision. This is a reminder that this ability is always there in everyone. This work demonstrates the wider possibilities of the imagination through the images of the Celtic style of thinking and makes it possible to understand why it is so exciting for a growing number of people to see into the depths of such a beautiful ancient way of thinking and being. For those wishing to understand the implications of ancient Celtic wisdom this book offers a true insight. It is like going there! It brings to mind the Celtic concept of "anam chara" which means "soul friend". This concept is based on the idea that when we truly meet another being we can become them and they can become us: A "soul friend". Shapeshifting is the Celtic concept that defines that experience. The intellectual and artistic integrity of these three ladies safely leads to a beautiful and very relevant insight into ancient Celtic culture where time and dimension do not stand in our way. I am deeply grateful for their beautifull joint effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very honest and insightful, 25 July 1999
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
I LOVE this deck. Number one, it is in a comfortable size for a woman's hands.
Sometimes it's very hard to call upon the wisdom of a tarot deck, especially when you are in a fragile point in your life. Sometimes it's easier to just "not know".
The Shapeshifter tarot has guided me over many hurdles with it's brutally honest, in your face, wisdom. How can the cards know just what I am avoiding facing and gently steer me toward resolution?
These cards are insightful and honest and gentle all at the same time. The images are a catalyst for introspection. Very well done indeed!

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but Different, 14 Mar. 1999
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
I bought these cards because the images really called to me. As I was hoping for a more traditional deck, it was a little disappointing to find them titled so non-traditionally as this is my first deck of tarot. However, I like that the companion book gives equivilents to traditional tarot and I also like the use of the Elements. I agree that some of the titles are confusing but for a beginner, who needs to use the book a lot anyway, it's not that much of a problem. Overall I think they are a beautiful and helpful set.

4.0 out of 5 stars I would rate half of this book/deck a 10, the other half a 5, 16 May 1998
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
There is definitely two distinct voices in this book, and at times they conflict with each other. One author writes tarot descriptions which are redundant, at best, while the other writes inspiring, insightful, and useful information - which is perfect for the beginner as well as the more advanced tarot enthusiast.
I admire and greatly respect D. J. Conway's skill as a writer in this genre and therefore was somewhat disappointed in "Shapeshifter Tarot." However, I know (based on what I've seen and heard thus far) that her next tarot book and deck will indeed be a 10!
As for the illustrations in "Shapeshifter Tarot," Lisa Hunt's work is a stroke of magical genius, which just keeps getting better! I'm looking forward to seeing the next tarot deck she illustrates.

5.0 out of 5 stars Transformative beyond my wildest imaginings, 18 Nov. 1998
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
Rarely does a tarot deck capture me just from the picture of the artwork I see in a catalog. This is one exceptional divinitory tool. The images are completely accessible for anyone regardless of how much experience they have in using tarot. I was utterly enthralled by Lisa Hunt's artwork. The images alone are enough to help me lose myself on a different plane of existence. Add to them the descriptions by D.J. Conway and Sirona Knight, and you have the makings of an extremely useful and powerful tool for enhancing one's abilities to transcend the material world. This tarot deck takes shamanism into a more easily accessible realm for many individuals who wouldn't have thought contacting the primal forces of our own animal natures could be done.

5.0 out of 5 stars PHENOMENAL! DEFINITELY A DECK WORTH OWNING AND GROWING WITH, 27 April 1998
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
"The Shapeshifter Tarot is very impressive. The images on the cards are so ethereal, magically rendered from the realm of Camelot and the land of fairies. The book is a magical catalyst. Sirona Knight and D.J. Conway are a dynamic duo of writers whose styles and visions synthesize gloriously. "The Shapeshifter Tarot" stretched my magical vision beyond its limits. I predict that this will establish these authors as leaders in the spiritual writing field. There is a wonderful feeling of spiring and of nature's unexpected potential in this deck...Michael Peter Langevin, Publisher, Magical Blend Magazine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenal tool for personal growth, 27 Jun. 1998
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
Dj Conway, with her intellectual and practical way of writing is well balanced by Shirona Knight's passionate and intuitive style. You will find yourself relating to one or the other better, but there are equal benefits from listening and appreciating the other. The illustartions by Lisa Hunt invite you to shape shift straight into the card. The new layouts and representation of the cards invite you to expand your knowledge and explore new life paths. To a beginner who is just knowing hte tarot it may be confusing to find the basis, but I think it will benefit all who try to use it for personal growth.

3.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful imagery., 7 Oct. 1998
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is most amazing tarot deck I have ever used., 9 April 1999
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
DEFFINITELY THE BEST TAROT DECK OUT THERE! After buying the deck, I sat down and did some readings for some of my friends, and we were all amazed at how right on the cards were. The images are splendid, and the book very informative although the cards are so easy to use that I found myself not having to refer to the book. This deck is for people who are looking for something more than just a traditional deck. The idea of shapeshifting and using power animals is great, and I'm looking forward to other books on this subject. I highly recommend this deck to all who use tarot to do readings for themselves and others. The cards are very accurate.

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable, ..., 15 Jun. 1998
This review is from: The Shapeshifter's Tarot (Cards)
I bought this deck as something to work with before I made my own tarot cards. It works well enough for its purpose, but the meanings and such are way too watered down. For instance, tghey substitute the Death card with Rebirth and the Devil card with Choice. Since when was Choice such a bad thing as to be related to a generally negative card? Also, the format (warrior instead of Knight, God/Goddess for King/Queen, Seeker for Page) is confusing. The method of using titles instead of 8 of cup or whatever is also tough when trying to translate over into more traditional decks. Don't even look at the book, other than for the translations from this deck to the traditional one. It is sugary sweet and does not serve a purpose when trying to get the true meaning of a reading. However, the deck itself works as well as any, and has beautiful artwork. If you're more of a Rider-Waite fan, don't bother.

The Shapeshifter's Tarot
The Shapeshifter's Tarot by Sirona Knight (Cards - 30 April 1998)
Used & New from: £27.45