5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book.
I have read this book and it was great. Hewitt has a very easy to follow exercise program. I have yet to find this book's equal in all the books I have seen. If you ever buy just one book if you are interested in improving your life and your special abilities this is the book for you.
Published on 30 Oct 1997

1.0 out of 5 stars oversimplistic and misleading
I am utterly surprised about the positive reviews. The whole book comes down to one "psychic" exercise, that is counting from 3 to 1 while either visualising going down a staircase or letting the sun shine through you. Adding the usual positive affirmations / shrinking negativity exercise and a bit of exercising to see colours and your 5 senses (to be able to "hear" and...
Published on 5 Jun 2012 by Jurgen

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book., 30 Oct 1997
By A Customer
This review is from: Psychic Development for Beginners: An Easy Guide to Releasing and Developing Your Psychic Abilities (For Beginners (Llewellyn's)) (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Spooky experience whilst reading this book., 20 July 2010
SJ Bailey (Manchester, England.) - See all my reviews
I bought this book to try and become a more positive person. I didn't have any great belief that it would imbue me with psychic abilities. And nothing dramatic has happened, but I did have one kind of spooky experience.

I read half of the book and enjoyed the meditation exercises Hewitt devised. Thankfully, he doesn't go into standing on one leg on a mountain top in Nepal for five years. He doesn't go into the history of meditation too deeply. They're very 'do-able' exercises.

But I was having a particularly negative, poor-me sort of day. I read over the exercises and thought to myself - "I'm sorry Mister, there's no way I can honestly say I can let go of negativity and bitterness - my life has been too fraught with bad fortune." I tossed the book across the floor and went for a nap. I dreamt that I was in a car driving up a road. All of a sudden, the engine cut out. I was frightened, because I had been trying to make a right turn, which would have placed me in the way of oncoming traffic (travelling in the opposite direction.) If the car had been working I could easily have made the turn. But it cut out and I was panic-stricken. I can't remember how it ended, but I woke up some time later.

With nothing else to do for a while, for some reason I picked up the book. I read the first page (the page that I had been up to earlier) and turned it over. On the second page Hewitt recounts an experience when his car cut out inexplicably - the engine had died, and how he had gotten out of the situation. I couldn't believe it. Co-incidence? Possibly. But the fact is I have never dreamt about being in a car in my life. I've had lots of dreams where I've been running away from assailants and couldn't make my legs work etc. But a car engine cutting out? Never.

Spooky. A hugely entertaining read, written in a conversational style and unpretentious. And the meditation exercises work. Honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!!, 21 May 2003
I have read many books regarding the development of psychic powers, but none have got close to this masterpiece. William Hewitt takes you through many simple visualizations to train your mind to open up. There are also many personal cases which Mr Hewitt uses to explain exactly how the practice in question can be used in everyday life.
If you only buy one book on the subject of psychic development, make it this one. You will not be disappointed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book ever written for Psychic Develpment., 3 Aug 1999
By A Customer
When I started to become intrested in the psychic phenomenon, I nearly jumped for joy when I found this book, Psychic Develpment for Beginners, by William Hewitt. It informed me a great deal about my inate psychic abilities. It told me how to use the abilty invested in everyone by Our Creator, to make the things that have eluded me forever, to happen! It's an amazing book, and anyone intrested in the New Age phenomenon should read it. It enabled me to choose the path that I like the most. It's probably the best book written that teaches beginners to develop their psychic abilities. I've been praticing the excerises in the book, and have had extrodinary sucess. I never knew I could do such amazing things! Since I've finished it, I lead some of my friends into reading it, they to loved it. And you will to. If you have any intrest in psychic abilities, this is the one book you should read. I'm sure you'll learn from it, and hope you have as much sucess with it as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Great !!! Very Straight Forward !!!, 16 Jan 2004
After the numerous books on psychic development I have finally found a book that works for me. Hewitt is very straight forward with you. NO drawn-out explanations and theroies taking up half the book in this one, instead, prober time is allocated to the clear cut and really useful practical do-it-yourself techniques...!!!
All-round bravo...definitely worth buying!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book I have ever read!, 9 Jun 2001
This book is absolutely excellent! I became very interested in ESP and psychic powers of the mind. This book has really inspired me, I am 15 and feel well on the way to a psychicly able mind. This book includes Case Studies of the authors psychic happenings and exercises to help develop your mind. If you are looking for a way to wake your dormant sense buy this book :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars OUTSTANDING WRITER and so his book, 23 May 2011
This is probably the first time I decided that I HAVE TO leave a review for this absolutely brilliant man and his amazing book. Many be you wan't believe me but I read a lot of books in my life and this writer has absolutely impressed me with his such a great style. I felt like if I was sitting with a loving relative who was so clear and to the point, fully comprehensive on what I need as a begineer and nothing unnecessary to complicate or confuse. I have never felt like that reading any other book. If you serious about your Psychic Development and a begineer trust me - I have tried a lot of stuff- it will be very difficult for you to find a better guidance.
Hope my review can help someone to get this unique book and benefit.

All the Best

Yuliya

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food for the Psychic Mind, 23 Aug 2009
Mori Paola Natalia (italy) - See all my reviews
I bought this book years ago on a quest for knowledge, answers to and understanding of my psychic mind. What a wonderful life coach and book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 12 Dec 2006
This book is very precise ,it's not heavy ,and you begin to see results fast. I would highly recommend this book to anyone interested in psychic studies. Unlike what the reader below stated this book gives you a clear insight into the psychic realm and has stories from the author's personal life that puts the exercises into context. It's interesting and it's an easy read.Very Good.

5.0 out of 5 stars What an amazing book, 6 Aug 2010
S. P. Oatley (Isle of Wight, UK) - See all my reviews
This book is careful structured and well written with simple exercises that help develop your psychic abilities and reinforced with case studies so you can progress at your own speed depending on your abilities. You have to read this book two or three times so that you fully understand exercises and get the most from what the author is telling you. It is worth it as after reading this book for a few minutes It was like someone had switched on the lights and everything was in Technicolor. This book is a true revelation for me and it has opened my eye's to my psychic abilities that I have and those that have been dormant. I was absolutely amazed by how quickly things started happening for me. I am truly humbled, this book is one of the most important books I have ever read and I wish I could ramble on about what I have achieved but you need to discover this for yourself, because that's the key.