Italian Witchcraft: The Old Religion of Southern Europe
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£15.99+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 16 October 2001
this book is a must for all witches interested in italian witchcraft, full of lore, rituals, spells. The rituals are written in italian and then translated into english. Lots of great diagrams and illustrations. Detailed instructions make it easy to follow the rituals for full moons,sabbatts and rites of passage.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Italian Witchcraft: The Old Religion of Southern Europe

In my opinion the title of this book should be 'Italian witchcraft for covens'. the synopsis claims that if you are an aspiring witch or magician it offers you a complete magickal & folkloric tradition & that you can use the magick to enhance your rituals. Not if you are a solo witch you can't! the rituals can only be performed in a coven, there are no suggestions given for solitary practitioners. Also if you are a beginner witch there are no reasons given for why particular herbs & ritual items are used for the individual rituals, nor any alternative suggestions given. If you are part of a coven or just want a history lesson the book is fine but I wanted the rituals & as a solo witch it's useless to me! There area few spells but to me that doesn't make the book worth having.

I'd also like to add that the rituals are modern adaptations, the really old secret Italian witchcraft ones ( which is what was of interest to me)are not revealed in this book so it's a bit of a con really.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again