4.0 out of 5 stars Good to get ideas...
Published on 14 April 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Clearly States "From The Inside"
Published on 2 July 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Clearly States "From The Inside", 2 July 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Witchcraft from the Inside: Origins of the Fastest Growing Movement in America (Llewellyn's World Religion & Magick) (Paperback)
This book was given to me by Raymond Buckland many years ago in one of the prior editions. The book's title seems quite clear that it has been written from the writer's view of his own experience over the years. I found it an interesting life experience to read about and also useful as a reference guide in a Sociology Thesis I wrote a few years back (in college). Incidentally I did get 100% on that thesis! It was the only 100% I ever got. My Sociology Professor then read the book and she commented that she also thoroughly enjoyed it. I have shared and loaned it to countless people who have all had only positive words. In other words, I thought the book was a great read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to get ideas..., 14 April 1999
By A Customer
I found this book rather interesting but it wasn't for what I was looking as a solitary witch. It talked mainly about the Gardnerian tradition, which I don't follow, but accept, as any witch should. :) It's a good book from which to learn, but make sure you know the basics of witchcraft, and an idea of the different traditions as a beginner, or you may become discouraged with the structure of this one tradition! We must be open-minded, People! Blessings, Guinevere

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous book, 9 July 1999
By A Customer
I absolutely loved this book and am suggesting that the visiters to my online bookstore (an Amazon Affiliate) buy this book. It discusses various aspects of Wicca, along with stressing the fact that you should practice it however you see fit, which is something people of Garderian background often do not speak about.

1.0 out of 5 stars Curious-er and Curious-er, 28 Jun 1999
By A Customer
Readers might want to check out anyone who claims to be or know of being from "the inside". This reader for one would like to know what inside the writer might really be from. All I can say is I have certainly never heard of alot of this so called factual information. And I've been involved in American Paganism for several generations. Do you write this kind of stuff back in England or wouldn't it sell well there? America is a wonderful place isn't it? Allows the most wonderful thing "Freedom of Speech". Readers of this book might want to remember that right for those publishing in this country. One can write and say nearly anything they wish. Readers also have a right to read any of this junk and "Believe It Or NOT". Yes it IS a great country.

1.0 out of 5 stars Inside?, 22 Jun 1999
By A Customer
This writing shows the writer from the "Inside?" From Inside what? I found it not so bad as a fiction but I don't think it was written as one. Keep looking for someone who really knows. Of course those kind of people usually live it not just write about it. Too many Writers Writers everywhere.