5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection
Paramhansa Yogananda's book is utterly absorbing. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Paramhansa Yogananda has written a book that captivates ones heart - What's written is all possible for both you and me, and truly, truly amazing it is too - if we want it with all our hearts we can have it and inevitably through miriads of incarnations one by one we will.
Enjoy...
Published on 2 April 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars Very hard to read
The style of the writing makes it very hard to read. I will not continue because I find it very hard to follow.
Published 6 months ago by Tano Da Morire

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 2 April 2005
By A Customer
Enjoy - I don't doubt you will.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book changed my life, 23 Dec 1998
By A Customer
Check it out- it could change your life, too! Inspiring, engrossing, and full of wisdom.
After comparing this edition to later, revised versions, I find this one seems to have more of Yogananda's power and intent. Many changes were made long after his passing, even the spelling of his name was changed in later editions!

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be compulsory reading for everyone, 6 Feb 2011
A good chunk of society are unfortunately not ready to read this book but if you find yourself on this page you must read it.

A beautifully fabulously enchanting book where you will find yourself rereading sections, referencing, reading aloud to others and buying (not lending out) copies for your dearest friends.

It crosses all religions yet will not change your religion.

Please read this book and open your heart to who we are and what we can achieve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 17 July 2009
This review is from: Autobiography of a Yogi (Paperback)
A must read for anyone that is on a sincere spiritual journey.
Thank you Yogananda for writing this book & showing us into your world..
Much love

5.0 out of 5 stars Read This Book, 15 April 1999
By A Customer
If you want the Master's own words, rather than the shadow version later published (orange cover), then read this book. You can see for yourself by visiting the publishers website (crystalclarity.com) and reading the Master's words just as he wrote them.
Much was removed in later editions by ambitious editors, many years after the Master's passing. And much was added, now passed off as if the Master wrote it himself. Even his signature was forged and changed by these later 'editors'!
Again, you can check it out for yourself- don't take my, or anyone's, word for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting,but slightly out of date., 6 Jan 1999
By A Customer
This older 1946 edition of the Autobiography is interesting but slightly out of date. Paramahansa Yogananda made many significant changes, and added a 49th chapter before he left us in 1952. For those who wish to see his improved versions of this great book, look for the most recent editions with the orange cover. I find that his vibes are even stronger in these newer editions, which more accurately reflects the full meanings and import of his teachings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Inspirational, 17 Mar 2014
Have been reading this wonderful book, on and off for over 30years. Each chapter is related with a matter of fact style, that both amazes and stimulates. Can such things really have happened? The author purports to be in tune with God......who dare say otherwise?

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spiritual book ever !, 6 Feb 2014
H. Hewitt (Cheshire) - See all my reviews
Best spiritual book in the world . A read for anyone wanting to follow the secrets to kriya yoga and meditation and become a diciple of self realization

5.0 out of 5 stars This is what the world needs more than anything else, 14 Jan 2013
This review is from: Autobiography of a Yogi (Paperback)
If you are searching and longing for something but don't know exactly what. If you have the feeling that something very, very important is missing in everyday newspapers and tv-news - read this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars I read it after I heard it was a favourite of Steve Jobs, 22 July 2014
This is a book that contains a lot of rambling fantastical stories of supernatural powers, which I didn't care for, but maybe 1 page in 40 had some deep message that made it worth it. I read it after I heard it was a favourite of Steve Jobs, but I don't think there's much of an obvious link if you're a technology type. It's aiming to be very spiritual and prompted a lot of thoughts in me, even if a lot of it is silly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Autobiography of a Yogi
Autobiography of a Yogi by Paramahansa Yogananda (Paperback - 28 Jun 2006)