5.0 out of 5 stars This book was truly inspiring!
Published on 16 Aug 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars True Fanatasism
Published on 25 Nov 1998

3.0 out of 5 stars True Fanatasism, 25 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Evita: In My Own Words (Hardcover)
An interesting book, if only for the controversy that surrounds the authenticity of the original manuascript for "Mi mensaje", a work found long after her death and purported to be written by Evita on her death bed. The introduction to the book is written by Joseph A.Page and chronicles very briefly Evista's life and the issues relatinng to the possiblle authenticity of the script manuscript. The introduction, and indeed the text itself, would indicate that while the script is probably not all Evita's own work it certainly appears to contain the essence that was her. It also contrasts clearly thoe roles of "Evita the Good" and "Evita the Guerrilla".
The book suggests that the romantic view of Evita was that...she was a poor, uneducated, instinctive, emotionally volatile woman who put up a valiant struggle against class and gender bias; was artfully manipulated by her husband; yet grew into a political role she performed memorably within the limits of her capabilities and the space allotted to her. This does rather tend to present her as an almost victim like person - in which respect we are all victims of circustance, it depends on how you make use of them, I believe it is for this reason that Evita is of interest to so many.
The translation of the script certainly indicates that these are the views of smonone who is indeed, volatile, emotional, uneducated and prone to over drtamatisation to make a point rather than use of fact. Perhaps it is because all these feelings were so instinctive and natural to her that she was able to forge ahead with such a searing self belief, that was fanatasism personified.
A very interesting text for those who have already read one of the many biographies and are familiar with the fact and now wish to know a little more about the leass tangible aspects of her character.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was truly inspiring!, 16 Aug 2001
This review is from: In My Own Words: Evita (Paperback)
This book shows you how much love she had for her husband and her people. Reading biographies of Evita can be very informative if you want the bare facts and dates and places of what happened. But those authors can't begin to touch base with her depth. Her love for the working class of Argentina is overwhelming, to see exactly how she thought and how all she wanted in her life to do was to make things better for the poor. I think that reading this book really makes you want to be a better person, not to mention an admirer of Evita.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Simply Marvellous!!!, 24 Jan 1998
This review is from: In My Own Words: Evita (Paperback)
In my own words, is partly a biography and partly an autobiography shedding light onto the mysteries surrounding the Argentine saint Evita. It contains her death bed manuscript that she wrote in her last few months in her fight against cancer. This book details the portrait of a woman very much loved, even worshipped-Santa Evita. This book is a must for everyone wanting to know about the real Evita Peron and how she was supressed by the cowardly forces of Argentina but none the less, her rainbow always shined through until the 26th of July 1952 when she took her last breath at just 33.

1.0 out of 5 stars This was such a waste of time!, 30 July 1999
This review is from: In My Own Words: Evita (Paperback)
Yes, it was interesting to read an autobiography of Evita. However, didn't anyone see that this was propaganda? Eva Peron carried on as if her husband was God. He was far from it. (The two were involved with such corruption.) This reminds me of having conversations with people who have no idea of the person they are. I say read the official biographies of Evita's life. They are more interesting because they ring true.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality paperback - not hardcover., 23 April 2010
This review is from: Evita: In My Own Words (Hardcover)
Buyers beware.

This product is not as described.

Rather than the hardcover copy I was expecting I received a very poorly printed paperback, which is a long way from being worth the asking price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Evita, 24 May 2014
This review is from: In My Own Words: Evita (Paperback)
love the book, really enjoyed reading it, would recommend to anyone who liked Evita, could read it again !! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An very interesting book, which makes al lot clear to me., 25 Feb 1998
This review is from: In My Own Words: Evita (Paperback)
I judge the book "In My Own Words" very interesting andI like it very much. As I am from the Netherlands, I read it in Dutch. In this book (In mijn eigen woorden: Evita) was said that Evita probably did not write this book, but someone else. I wonder if this is true. Yet, the book gives me an idea about Evita's thoughts and her admiration for her husband. Yours sincerely, Freya Nijinski

5.0 out of 5 stars What a marvelous book!, 30 Dec 1998
This review is from: In My Own Words: Evita (Paperback)
I really enjoyed Eva Peron's message in "In My Own Words." I'm currently doing a research paper on Evita for my English class, and this has, by far, been the book that has given me great insight on her short life. Reading biography after biography, you only come away with what others have said about her and this is truly her own words, thoughts and feelings. I was especially surprised by the amount of... I guess respect and honor she had for her husband. Not many people nowadays can say that about their spouse. Juan Peron was lucky to have such an asset in his wife. Eva Peron was a living legend in her day. I'm so fascinated by her life and times. This book is absoultely wonderful and telling. I couldn't put it down. I loved it. Sarah Brownlow

In My Own Words: Evita
In My Own Words: Evita by Eva Peron (Paperback - 14 July 2005)
9.99