Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 October 2014
I purchased this because the cover promised what looks like simple things to carve/wittle. Don't be taken in by that. Apart from the fact that this "pamphlet" has 30 pages and that's not enough to help a total beginner on one item in the book, he takes it that you already have a knowledge of carving/whittling. Little or at the best very poor instructions and paid money for it. Don't waste your money on this. Always check how many pages you are buying. Not recommended.
on 10 February 2014
My husband really enjoyed this book.it is full of useful hints tips and projects as there are a number of unusual things to make.
on 8 May 2014
Liked the projects but found the instruction lacking slightly. Still worth the money though and with a little imagination you can complete the projects.
on 2 January 2014
Arrived in good time and in good condition. This was bought as a Christmas present, recipient was delighted a good starter book for him.
on 10 May 2014
I bought this as a present for my husband, who has read it from cover to cover - several times - and I think I know most of what is in it too, now :-) ! He hasn't made anything from THIS book yet, but I've put in my orders! We would definitely recommend it. Beginner to Intermediate Whittlers?
on 29 May 2016
More like a magazine.. There really wan't much information about carving techniques, more a couple of exemplar designs, none of which really grabbed my attention.
Wont be buying any more from this series.
It's the kind of thing you find in the magazine section of WHS.
on 5 March 2014
Bought this for my son who's recently found a hidden talent - very informative and well presented - packed well and delivered safe
on 27 May 2014
Found this book useful as I am a beginner to wood whittling and carving.I haven`t tried the projects yet as I`m cutting up some oak in preparation.
on 19 August 2014
A sensibly written reference book for the beginner. Nothing fancy, and a lot of common sense advice on basic techniques.
on 8 October 2014
husband loved this book gave him some good ideas for his wood carving