5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, practical and relevant tips for any marriage!
This book gives an invaluable insight into the way your husbands mind works! The author takes an honest approach to married life and in 30 short sections guides you on how to pray practically for your man! I found this book amazing and noticed a change in both me & my husband. Stormie helps to put married life in a different perspective allowing us to pray instead of...
Published on 14 Jun. 2001

3.0 out of 5 stars Well-meaning but problematic at times.
In some ways this is a wonderfully written book. Just over two hundred pages in length it consists of thirty short chapters discussing topics having to do with the individual's husband i.e. 2. His Work; 3. His Finances; 8 His Fears. 16. His Priorities; 17. His Relationships, etc. I loved that the author concluded every chapter with a special Prayer for the husband related...
Published on 14 Nov. 2012 by C. Danute Cekauskas, LCSW

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful and practical book, 29 Jan. 2013
I first started reading Power of a Praying Parent and I learnt so much, so I decided to order Power of a Praying Wife. And I was not disappointed. This book has been so helpful. Sometimes when we pray for our families we're not sure what to say or what areas to cover. This book has helped me to think of new areas of prayer for my husband and our relationship. I have also bought Power of a Praying Kid for my daughter who is 8 years old. She loves it and it covers all aspects of prayer life that I wish I knew about when i was at school. Would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspiring, 11 Dec. 2011
This book is fantastic! It gently introduces you to the secrets of married life and communication within it. This book made me more humble and truly changed my marriage! Highly reccomanded!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great theory, patronising execution, 19 Oct. 2009
Maria Elmvang (Denmark) - See all my reviews
The trials and pressures of modern life can make the prospect of a fulfilled, meaningful marriage seem impossible. According to Omartian, a marriage's success depends upon "laying down all claim to power in and of yourself, and relying on God's power to transform you, your husband, your circumstances, and your marriage."

Omartian attributes the success of her own 25-year marriage to dedicated prayer for every area--however specific--of her husband's life; from his finances and his work to his integrity and his temptations. Each chapter offers insight into areas that are especially important to men, followed by "power tools" (inspiring, topical Scripture) to guide one's prayer life and transform a woman's mind with regard to her husband.

This practical read will encourage women to trust God to change their spouse, and undoubtedly refocus one's perspective on God's power rather than one's own personal predicament.

For the first few chapters I was very impressed by this book, and I still think it's a brilliant idea, but I do think the author made some very troubling claims.

The first problem is that she assumes the husband is Christian too. Praying for your husband is even more important if he isn't saved, and Stormie Ormatian seemed to forget that aspect, which made me feel like I wasn't part of the target group.

The second thing I took issue with is in the chapter of praying for his sexuality. I have no problems with that, and agree with the importance of it, but Stormie claimed that if a wife didn't feel like having sex, she should just 'suck it up' (paraphrased), and if a husband didn't feel like having sex, there was a fundamental problem and they should seek counseling!

So a man is always a sex-fiend, and if he's not, there's something wrong with the marriage? What a way to ruin a wife's self-esteem!

That said, praying daily for your husband (or wife) is not only a good idea, it's a necessity, and I liked Stomie's way of approaching it, by taking specific issues, specific aspects of his life and focusing on those. That's definitely something I'll continue to try to practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 21 Jun. 2012
Really useful book for those who don't really know what to pray about for their husbands. It is also useful if you are praying about your future husband. A must have book for every serious wife/wife-to-be.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be more specific, 27 July 2010
I am sure this would be a great book to use alongside the actual book itself(the power of a praying wife). However, i am still to get the book, as at the time of purchasing this item there was no indication whatsoever that this was a guide for video curriculum and not the actual book. I would therefore suggest that (to save someone else the disappointment i faced when i received this product) the tite of the book be more specific, especially knowing that the book itself is entitled "The power of a praying wife" and therefore giving this the same title is thereby very misleading!

4.0 out of 5 stars The Power of Prayer to Jesus, 24 Jun. 2012
The value of reading 'The Power of a Praying Wife' is in being encouraged to call upon a mighty and faithful God to bless and encourage our husbands and in so doing grow in our own faith; the 'power' belongs to God's not to the author or to the wives. Stormie Omartian is a faithful, Christian women who encourages us to be humble before God, to acknowledge our own failings and to come to our Father in Heaven knowing that He alone can change both us and our husbands.

5.0 out of 5 stars The greatest pro-active tool for marriage., 1 April 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Wife (Paperback)
This book has had an incredible impact on my marriage. I learned so much about praying for my husband and it has deepen our relationship as well as my prayer life. I give it to all wifes!!! Especially newlyweds.

4.0 out of 5 stars Plainly written and straight to the heart of the matter, 5 Nov. 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: The Power of a Praying Wife (Paperback)
I was blessed by the candid way the author writes about praying for your spouse and the real life issues that we need to intercede for and stand in the gap to guard the sanctity of our homes.

5.0 out of 5 stars worth every cent, 1 July 2012
i am not done reading but this book is alredy changing me as a wife for the better and helping me reconnect with God,and above all showing me how to handle different situations in my marriage.we are newly weds and had been going thru some difficulties and when i rem i promised myself to read this book.i made sure my hubby got it for me and now i am completely a changed person and handle situations differently.God bless you Stormie!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for every wife!, 21 May 2011
I am so glad I found this book (don't remember how). The contents are so true and practical and not only do I say the prayers for my hubby, I also pray them for myself. It has expanded my knowledge on prayer and what and how to pray. I also bought the power of a praying parent which I recommend.

It was very inspiring and I couldn't wait to order copies for friends and families. I am about to order extra copies as I would like all my married friends and family members to be blessed as I have been.

A must read for every wife!!

The Power of a Praying Wife
The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian (Paperback - 28 Feb. 2005)
Used & New from: £0.01