on 4 September 1999
This is one of those books every Christian woman should read. It is practical, yet extremely insightful on what the Bible has to say about the rolls of the woman. Elizabeth George writes in a manner that is easy to read and absorb. All the women in my family have read it and love it. This is truly a life changing book. BUY IT!!!
on 17 December 1999
Every woman should have a copy - I refer to it all the time and lend it to whoever I can. Elizabeth George speaks to your heart - I can also recommend Loving God with all your mind and God's Garden of Grace.
on 4 September 1999
This book is an awesome tool of spiritual growth in your life--it is convicting yet George is very down to earth in relating her humilities, not to mention humorous. If your are looking to grow and apply Scripture to your every day life--this is the book to read!
on 6 September 2003
As a young married woman, I found this book a tremendous blessing, but also a very practical help. Now having 2 young children, I have been able to return to Elizabeth George for guidelines both scriptural and practical.. Every Christian woman - married or not - needs to read this!! Can also highly recommend her book on the Proverbs 31 woman "Beautiful in God's eyes" and her book on the fruit of the Spirit "A Womans walk with God".
on 8 April 1999
I had been seeking God about being all that He wanted me to be. I had already begun to streamline a lot of areas of my life. Then I was blessed with Elizabeth's book and I have begun to apply a number of principles in the book. I love the practical questions that's like a Bible study guide. It has been truly been a blessing to me. As much as I go to the Christian bookstore, I had never seen A woman after God's Own Heart. Thank God Walmart now carries it and it just leaped off the shelf to me.
I've really worn it out. Thank God for you.
on 9 January 1999
This is a must-read book for Christian women. It was an answer to prayer in my life. The material is thought-provoking and challenging and at times a little hard to swallow (much like the words of Jesus). But the author is gentle, positive, kind and encouraging and offers practical ways to be a Godly wife and mother. I am very thankful for this book. On my top 10 list!!
on 10 January 1999
This book is a great guide for any woman who wants to better organize her life in order to accomplish all God has for her and to grow into a woman after God's own heart. Her practical advice on a woman's priorities (God, Husband, Children and home) are a literal "God Send". I highly recommend this book!
on 18 June 2012
Whilst the content of this book seems to be excellent, I purchased this for a young single woman in her early 20's not realising a large part of the book was aimed at a married woman with children, and a large part of the book related to this.
Had I realised that, I would have picked a different one from the series... which seem to be very good! Had I read a review like this... I could have chosen a different one! So I am writing it!
on 25 April 2009
This book is brilliant and i will never tire from readinf it as i learn different things ecag time i do.

My husband bought this for me 1 month before our wedding and it was brilliant and helped me a lot.I would recommend it to all women even if you're not religious.Elisabeth George knows her stuff and you will walk away different after finished with the book.

I look forwad to reading more of her books. :D
on 7 October 2009
Brilliant book, full of excellent ideas to improve your life. A feeling of well-being and enthusiasm for an improved life style after each chapter read.