on 19 June 1997
Anyone who has ever read Harlan Ellison knows he throws a lot of personnel information and views into his writing. This book is all that.

In this collection of essays from the 70s, repackaged nicely, Ellison is angry, funny and sick at the same time. Reading these somewhat tall tales, I was taken back to the days of my childhood. Back to when one of my more crazy "uncles" used to tell me stories of his youth on hot summer days.

Ellison is a better writer now than he was then, but the essays still hold up. They hold up even though references to Nixon and Lenny Bruce may leave some younger readers feeling a little unattached to the stories at times.

I promise by the time you finish reading this one, you'll find it hard to forget some of the tales told by crazy Uncle Harlan.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 13 November 2013
A collection of essays, letters, Short stories . this is the essence of the man these 4 books, prepare to laugh, be shocked and to admire his wit and extraordinary imagination. These books are a must buy,
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again