Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 August 2010
This is a fantastic book - I have been addicted to Jelly Rolls for a long time, and hadn't found any book to inspire me to use Charm Packs or Layer Cakes - then I saw this book - it really is fantastic!! The instructions are very clear and easy to understand, the colour photographs are beautiful, and the fact you can make each quilt in 2 different sizes depending on whether you chose to use Charm Packs or Layer Cakes is just incredible - I had made 4 of these small quilts in 4 days - I only stopped when I ran out of Charm Packs!
I have recommended this book to all my quilting friends - it really is the very best quilt book I've bought all year - well done Carrie - this inspired me to buy more of your books!
on 3 August 2010
Luckily the author explains what she means by a schnibble as it's not a term I was familiar with.

The quilts are inspiring and show a good use of pre-cut fabrics. Most quilters have been tempted by layer cakes and charm packs as impulse buys and so many just languish in our stashes waiting for the right project. This book gives some great ideas, no excuses for not trying some of them out.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 4 November 2010
As a member of a guild that makes quilts for charity, I am always looking for ways to use up the scraps we have. SCHNIBBLES TIMES TWO helps to fit that search. While it is not written as a scrap fabric book, the patterns certainly can be used that way.

The first 12 pages contain the usual quilting basics on cutting and the like. But as I read the patterns, of which there are a dozen, I kept seeing lots of different fabrics making up each quilt. I thought what a great idea to use up our scraps - choose one new fabric and add all the other fabrics in the scraps we have!

Each pattern has a materials and cutting list. The block assembly instructions, along with assembly instructions for the quilt itself and how to finish it are well written. There are enough graphics to help you through so you can be sure you are putting the fabric together in the correct way.

Strips, blocks, bow ties, ½ square triangles, flying geese and squares make up the blocks that create these wonderful quilts. The book suggests Layer Cake and Charm Packet blocks of fabric but I know our guild will make several if not all of them from the scraps and the knowledge of the author.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 16 November 2010
This book is worth its weight in gold. It's my favourite quilt book ever so far. Use up all those left overs that Carrie calls schnibbles. Carrie has a great sense of colour, I love her quilts. Each quilt appears as a small quilt made with 5 inch squares or a larger one made by using 10 inch squares. A great idea. I immediately went out in search of fabric. Beautifully photographed, excellent instructions. Buy it for all the quilters you know, they'll thank you for ever more. This review first appeared on Karen Platt's book review website.
on 17 November 2010
Excellent book with clear instructions and good pictures. In the first month of having the book I have made two of the quilts already. Even if you do not have 5" or 10" squares they are easily cut from your existing stash. The quilts are also very adaptable and can be made larger or smaller using the pattern for the squares you pick and adding extra borders.
on 10 January 2011
Lovely book with beautiful photos and clear instructions to make gorgeous quilts. Something to appeal for all levels of experience. Includes ideas for simple pieced borders. A great way to use fabric pre-cuts or your own scraps. Quilt books often just sit on my shelf but I am certain I will make up many of the designs here. I'm glad I bought this one...
on 29 September 2010
This book is great value and ideal for using up those scraps of material 5" & 10" squares.
on 4 March 2016
my favourite book!!! cheers me up every time i look at it.
on 21 September 2014
Good for little bits of material