5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best
This is what a sock book should be. There are plenty to patterns to follow, suggestions for alternative designs for each sock pattern, and lots of useful information about sock basics. There are different heels, gussets and toe shapings, and the patterns are all subtitled at each stage, so you can easily knit the heel of one sock and the toe of another, for example...
Published on 6 Oct. 2008 by H. B. Hosegoood

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't try to run before you can walk.
Published 20 months ago by Mrs Harris

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best, 6 Oct. 2008
H. B. Hosegoood (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: More Sensational Knitted Socks (Paperback)
If you don't have the usual 'small, medium or large' feet that many knitting books seem to expect or if, horror of horrors, you want to use your own choice of yarn or even handspun, never fear. Each pattern contains a chart with a large range of gauges and foot circumferences ranging from 5 to 12in so you don't have to use the specified yarn for the pattern and you don't have to have standard-sized feet.
I really don't see how this book can be bettered. In fact, I'm so sad that I keep this book in the bathroom by the toilet for when I fancy a good read. And by the way, Sensational Knitted Socks is just as good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Toe-tastic, 22 April 2010
L. Thompson "mentorartemis" (UK, North West) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: More Sensational Knitted Socks (Paperback)
I have Charlene's other sock book and love it, this one though is better, why? Because it has options to knit some patterns 'toe up' which is the method I prefer. It also includes options to use varying weights of yarns, information on yarn substitutions, clear charts and written instructions for every stage. Each pattern can be customised to fit the recipient. For example I'm a size 5 in shoes, but socks are sized 4-7 so always too big. I can now make socks that fit. I've learned how to reinforce the heels and toes to prevent thinning and save darning, colour knitting, slip stitch patterns and each page is a delight. If you love to knit socks or even if you're new to sock knitting (as I was when I bought this!) go and buy it.
She has a new book out, I think it's called Sock Club, well worth a look.

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't try to run before you can walk., 12 May 2013
This review is from: More Sensational Knitted Socks (Paperback)
As an experienced knitter I thought that I could immediately work from this book. I was wrong. The images of the finished products are exceptionally beautiful and inspire one to take up the needles, but the layout of the 'patterns' is not to a format I took to easily - too many cross references and turning pages. However, I was determined to knit socks, so I swallowed my pride and bought Book 1, 'Sensational Knitted Socks'. Yes, it's the same format (annoyingly so), but there is a 'Class Sock' to make which is essentially, a 'first attempt' to allow one to become familiar with following the patterns and learning different techniques. However, there was another stumbling block as I didn't know some of the 'cast on' techniques, so again I had to refer elsewhere - this time the internet. I am determined to succeed however, and will persevere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its so understatedly Brilliant, 27 Mar. 2013
This review is from: More Sensational Knitted Socks (Paperback)
To say I am a begginer knitter would offend those who are beginners. This both and many of this Author's line should be a bible to all sock knitters. The illustration, the detail, the non fuss framing of the book which have allowed it to used each space to enlarge and detail all that should be seen, pulled, knit etc.... And the stitch pattern, what can I say. How generous of them to share. Sure you get it all elsewhere but one with such instruction delivered ever so simple. Dont miss this chance to own it, even as a coffee table material, it looks great. Well done her, keep up to the good work and we hope she could capture it all once again in a kindle format where she could personally deliver sections of her book and display her wonderful talent.

More Sensational Knitted Socks
More Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch (Paperback - 26 Mar. 2007)