VINE VOICEon 29 July 2005
So pretty. Whatever else you'll think of the book, it's laid out really nicely, and makes you want to make all the stuff in it. One point. Clear patterns, and more than one photograph of most of the projects. Two points. All yarn available in the UK. Three points.
But now the downs...for the price of the book, you don't actually get many projects. It's laid out in colour order (what ?!!!) which makes very little sense - unless you go along with the book's philosophy. The sizes are a little limited.
However, I kept coming back to this book, looking at the pictures, working out if I'd make any of the pieces, and in the end I got it.
I'd recommend it to hard-core knitters but for the rest of you, you might want to wait for the paperback version (if there's going to be one).
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
For many of us who are jaded by the on slot of books by every knitter and want-to-be knitter, this would seem like a run of the mill presentation. Still it is good enough to add to the library and add to the repertoire. This is not just a pretty picture book; it has all the information to produce what you see, but may not actually have anything one would want as a project.
on 9 April 2013
Lovely book in great condition with fast delivery, would certainly recommend. I bought it for one particular pattern but have discovered other patterns worth knitting.
on 23 February 2006
I love the blankets in this book, as my second ever project, I am attempting the colourful stripe blanket. Its beautiful photographed, and sectioned into colours. its a very contempory book, and highly recommended