on 2 July 1999
I loved the way Janet Klime came up with cat quilts that are not cutesy or countrified, but rather some that are funky and even, in the case of the Siamese, sophisticated. The dog designs are great, too, but some of them do lean a little to the cute side. There are lots of different styles to choose from, so everyone is bound to find something that they like in this book. The designs are simple, unlike some paper pieced patterns with 33 pieces to a block. I completed a two-cat design called "tryst" (two cats with entwined tails) in about two hours with NO ripping out! I know that I will actually USE this book many times over, rather than just keeping it on my quilt book shelf. Have already purchased the fabric for the gorgeous Siamese!
on 8 January 1999
This book is one of the better ones that I own and will definitely be one of my 'favorites'. The designs have a lot of eye appeal and are refreshing. The patterns are easy to trace and because of its simplicity, very easy to enlarge or decrease in size. Because of this, customizing your project is a breeze. I just received it and have 'shared' it (but haven't let it out of my sight yet. :-) ) with my sister and couple of friends. They too have gotten excited over the fun, whimsical designs. Get the book...you won't be disappointed! Am look'g fwd to purchasing more books by Janet Kime in the near future. Aloha!
on 30 November 2012
I was disappointed that so many of the cats didn't look like cats at all - I spent ages trying to work out what a couple of the shapes were even supposed to represent: cats - really? No. Can't be. Sacks? Just ink blobs? However, there is one very good cat shape, with handy advice on how to minimise the work if e.g. you want your cat's tail to match the colour of the rest of his body; and a couple of cute minimalist shapes if you just want a recognisable caricature of a cat (e.g. the back view of two tall triangular cats sitting on a wall with their tails entwined in sweet but rare, improbable affection. Quite nice.). I think the dogs might have been better, although (for all I know) dog-lovers would feel the same as I do about the cats. For me, the book didn't live up to previous reviews; but I'm not a cutesy person and perhaps that was the problem.
on 13 March 2015
An excellent and fun way to learn about paper-piecing. This is a book for everyone involved in quilting who enjoys learning a new technique.
on 25 July 2013
A slim book, more dog patterns than cats I feel, but some nice patterns. There are some fun things to do.
on 5 July 2015
Well written with easy to understand and follow the patterns.
on 13 July 2014
Such a lovely book with lots of ideas for future projects.