5.0 out of 5 stars Fundamentals is the best book for a first-time user.
Fundamentals has to be the best book for a first-time user of Studio MAX 2. I myself had never used the interface before and only after a few minutes I was creating objects and pieces of a scene. I feel that this book accomplished what it intended, and that was to provide a begining, fundamental book. The book has a vast 17 chapters dedicated to vital aspects of MAX 2...
Published on 10 July 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars Fundamentals? Hardly.
This book is very frustrating...if I have to read the word "powerful' one more time in reference to the program, I'm going to puke! I've used much more difficult 3D programs before...Lightwave, SoftImage and Imagine. What is it about this text that makes this... shudder...supposedly "powerful" program so difficult? The very first tutorial launches into no...
Published on 6 April 1998

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative, well laid out, very good sample files, 5 Jan 1999
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
An excellent book, from the new user to the pro, this book has a lot to offer.
For beginers this book will provide you with the foundation you need to be successful in the field of 3d and for the pro it will remind you about those all important basics that we all forget about from time to time.

5.0 out of 5 stars excelent book...a must for learners, 11 Jan 1999
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
This is a great book for a beginner to 3d studio max. It takes it step by step and it dosn't make you feel like you are a moron. The only problem with it is that the included cd wouldn't install on my computer for some reason. Anyway, this is highly recomended for the beginner to 3dsmax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best 3D Studio Max2 Book i ever read!!!!!, 17 Mar 1998
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
I love this book, i am sorta new at all this stuff and this bok has helped me alot it has great illustrations and the cd-rom has over more than hours of fullscrene video to show you hands on.. its like having a video tape with a personal guide casue its more than an hours worth!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is good for begginers., 5 Jun 1998
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
This book is a true good book for begginers. I've used Max 1.2 a little befor so i knew a lot but not everything. The screencam movies was greate.=) I found it to "fundamental" for me but now i've got the Inside 3dsmax2 series and i'm going to read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book For Beginners, 29 Dec 1998
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
If, you have $3500 to purchase the program and if you can get the program (You must be and educator or porfessional animator) Then this book is for you. Or you can also get the program pirated like i did. it's was well worth $5.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very important book to help in grasping 3D Studio Max 2., 27 May 1998
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
I think that this book is an extremely well written and helpfull book. It has helped me in grasping and understanding what Max is all about and how to begin drawing my designs. With out it I was very lost. Thany you Mr Peterson!!

1.0 out of 5 stars takes the fun out of 3d studio max, 25 July 1999
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
dont buy this book...reading it is just like sitting through a 3 hour calculus class...definitely boring....barely any tutorials that let you perform the concepts your reading...basically a book of 3d studio max definitions.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's a good beginners book, but not much more., 21 July 1998
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
This book gets done what it sets out to do. It will get your feet wet in 3d graphics using Max. But if you have had any kind of experiences with 3d graphic programs before, just skip straight to Inside 3D Studio Max 2 Vol I.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed, 20 Mar 1998
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
Not found what I expected. It is true that it is an introduction. not more. Havent fount anything about modifiers...etc. I recommend you to wait for Inside 3DS MAX Release 2 Series. Reaaly..(I'm tired of waiting)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book for beginners, 3 Mar 1998
This review is from: 3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals (Paperback)
Being a beginner in this exciting world of 3D Studio, I was afraid I'd only find expert level books. I was wrong! This one let us enter this world and gives us the tools to go deeper. Great book.

3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals
3D Studio MAX 2: Fundamentals by Larry Minton (Paperback - 18 Dec 1997)
Used & New from: £0.01