5.0 out of 5 stars This book is special, 17 May 2013
I have read a few `self help' books, but this book is special- it opened up a different level of understanding of how the mind works, and why we feel and behave the way we do. What also sets it apart, is that the core message is one of acceptance and compassion- self awareness rather than self improvement.

The author, Cheri Huber, uses psychological concepts and Zen Buddhism to explain the process that causes us to sabotage ourselves, and how we can begin to address it.

She has written a number of books but, for me, this one covers the main concepts of many of them.

Enjoy!

p.s. I think the first reviewer was referring to a business book of the same name

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 31 Mar 2013
Great read helpful and enlightening,funny and well written, ideal for those starting a business and need some confidence building .

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, understand and implement., 2 Mar 2011
This is one of my favourite books. My personal copy is all covered in highlighter pen and underscores now because there are so many insightful and useful points made by Cheri. I bought this book because of the title, it's exactly what most of us are looking for. However, when you start reading, you recognise that perhaps where you are at the moment, is where you should stay! An extremely well written and well presented book that turns your understanding of life upside down for the better. New or used, this book won't be a wasted purchase.

How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be
How to Get from Where You Are to Where You Want to Be by Cheri Huber (Paperback - Dec 2000)
8.22